Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 Deposit Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Carrara
Here is an 8 page FAQs document from Porsche.
AWESOME! Thanks for sharing this document.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:51 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
"The only gearbox will be the extremely advanced Porsche Doppelkupplung"

Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Hahaha

Old 03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Maybe it will have the "PDK-S" which is supposed to be 'more involving'?

Originally Posted by Zorro
Pagani/Koenigsegg = Fruit of the passion of one man. Those cars exude personality and do not compromise. They embrace their shortcomings and do not give a *uck.

Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo = corporate products who try their darndest to project personality while still trying to be politically correct for everyone, and essentially appeal to the masses.
In case you didn't know, Porsches are in no way intended to be crazy. The basic idea for a Porsche is a sporty, highly efficient car that has awesome performance. Not a crazy 900hp car made out of CF, made in 10 units a year, and louder than a jet. Porsche has never been about that, and never will be. And, um... Porsche was started by the passion of one man. BTW, technically the 918 is not a politically correct corporate car just because VW said they need a Hybrid. Development for the 918 started before Porsche got tied up with VW in 2008.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Boy the more I learn about this car the less I like it.

Price: retarded
Hybrid: wtf?
$400000 initial deposit: come on Porsche seriously?

What happened to this company? Have they done something like this before?

Old 03-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
OMFG

Old 03-22-2011, 04:32 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Id never buy one of those kit car things over a 918 or f70 .

Heritage , history and engineering integrity mean more to me than bling

Ill put my 918 up against any of them , bet it runs rings round them ( and wont break trying to kill me at the ring ) .
Have you even seen the new K-segs? I hate to tell you but the quality of them surpasses many many automakers especially anything ferrari has produce and probably anything they will produce.

---------------------------------------------

So f'n what that it is going to be a hybrid system. Hate to break the news to you guys but it will be nothing like you are used to. Just imagine having wayyy more power coming out of the corners and having that extra 200+ torque on tap whenever you want. Having talked to the guys who actually have somewhat of a hand in developing the car they intend for the system to be sporty in every way. Look at how well the GT3 R hybrid preformed

So it weighs just a little more in its current form than a CGT, but how much more power does it have? Where ever they can lose weight they will between now and production, so except the weight to go down somewhat.

Yes I am a P fan boi, but by no means do I think they are God, far from it actually. My favorite car isn't even a Porsche, but when was the last time Porsche said they were going to deliver and didn't? Every time a new model comes out it will surpass the previous. The 918 will be no different.

The price for this car is pretty ridiculous, but I have no doubt in my mind that this car will be ridiculous to drive. Other than the poor johnsgt whatever his name is, who has ever driven a GT Porsche that didn't feel it to be rewarding?(That can actually drive)

Old 03-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
TurbomanGER is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ritesh
Great file thanks. BTW - who is asking those questions? They sound like they were written by a Teenager.
That's what I thought!

But I hoped that the price woud have been in the CGT region.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
I dont personally like Paganis . They are over styled and lack depth . To me they are just a bling bauble , but many of my friends disagree ( rightly so ) in fact I know 2 owners . We have often been out together and my cgt is always the car I want to get back in .
This picture just sums it up for me( look at the radio and the air con controls , proper posh kit car ) :
Its your opinion, not everyone likes the Zonda as i dont really like the CGT. But i disagree with saying its all bling bauble, i think each and every Pagani is a work of automotive art, something very special and it isnt deserved to be called a kit car. Sure it might be a bit over-designed in some sectors but thats what you should get when you pay such a big amount of money, a supercar oughs to be dramatic and extreme.
And yes you cant compare the 918 spyder with the Zonda in matter of units as the number of Zondas produced is close to 160 units (in 10 years), so its close to 8 times the number of 918.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
FerrariGTO is an unknown quantity at this point
I really like this car's design -- much better than offerings by Lambo, Pagani, Ksegg, etc.

It's the price that's bothersome. We all know how Bugatti had a lot of difficulty selling all 300 Veyrons -- and that car had claim to all the superlatives of the day. It will definitely be a challenge for Porsche to sell even half as many 918's they intend to sell.

I hope it works out for Porsche though.

Quick Reply: 918 Deposit Information