Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying extended warranty through porsche dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Buying extended warranty through porsche dealership

Hey guys, my warranty is almost out on the gt3 and I asked Beverly Hills Porsche to give me a quote on buying the extended through them.

Does this sounds right? Anybody else have experience with this? Should I look at third party coverage?

My current warranty is going this month, so I need to get this done asap.

2007 Porsche 911 GT3 w/~23,000 miles
Standard $250 deductble
3 years or additional 36,000 miles: $3,176.00
4 years or additional 48,000 miles: $3,784.00
5 years or additional 60,000 miles: $4,288.00
6 years or additinoal 60,000 miles: $5,538.00

Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
It IS 3rd party coverage.

Porsche does NOT offer an extended warranty of any sort.

If someone is telling you otherwise, they are HIGHLY ill advised.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think those prices are too out of line

Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
It IS 3rd party coverage.

Porsche does NOT offer an extended warranty of any sort.

If someone is telling you otherwise, they are HIGHLY ill advised.
Oh ok, so I should probably look at a couple of other options before taking what the dealership is throwing my away then?

Old 03-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Just see what the coverage requirements are. If it genuinely does cover most of the car (or "bumper-to-bumper"), get it writing on your contract, i.e. "covers everything except X, Y, Z". Personally I'd tell them to specifically state what it DOESN'T cover. Gives you a strong position if they try to **** around later. Price-wise, less than $1K/yr for coverage sounds like a good idea. Finally, double-check to make sure it's transferable. If not, then don't bother unless you're going to keep the car for 4-5-6 years.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Thanks for the advice Chris, much appreciated.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Transferrable and/or refundable- even if it's pro-rated.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
We bought the extended coverage from the dealer on a used 91 c4 back in 99-2000 time frame and it was worthless. Had 36k on it. Now has 125k and everybit of the problems it has had over the years has been my bill. Even the brake booster(s) all three of them have been "out of warranty" .

Buyer beware... Or at least aware of what it will not cover as I found ours seriously lacking anything it would cover.

YMMV...

Wilson

Old 03-15-2011, 02:02 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I just bought 7 yr/70k mile platinum fidelity warranty from barrier Porsche for about $4200 on a 5500 mile 2007 gt3rs
$100 deductible
refundable
transferable
etc
covers everything but wear items (brakes, clutch, weather seals, interior, etc)
I figure 2 claims and I am even roughly

Old 03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
ATL Fahrer is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the forum. Will post pics of my 997.2 GT3 at some point.

I had the Fidelity Platinum warranty on my previous C4S and was very pleased. I paid a price relatively consistent with what was listed by the OP. Just before I sold the car, I had the 30K service done at the dealer and the warranty work alone almost repaid the purchase price. Also, I never spoke with Fidelity. Everything was handled by the dealer.

When I sold the car, the warranty transferred to the new owner.

Quick Reply: Buying extended warranty through porsche dealership