Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Tyre Choice For CGT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
More Tyre Choice For CGT

Hello ,
just a quick one to inform you CGT owners that the new Michelin super-sports are available in Koenigsegg Agera R sizes.

These will go directly on to the Carrera GT . A must have imho . I cant wait , I'll let you know how good they are once I can get some ( very limited at the mo .)

Cheers .

Old 03-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
I have a set of them on order for GT3

Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
I have a set of them on order for GT3
Marc , a friend of mine used them at silverstone last week . It really rained hard , he said they were fantastic . They stayed great when the track dried up .

He says maybe 5 per cent below a cup in the dry but much better in the wet with a longer lasting " sweet spot " in the dry so he was able to do more .

Could you please write your experiences once fitted ?

Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wtdoom
Marc , a friend of mine used them at silverstone last week . It really rained hard , he said they were fantastic . They stayed great when the track dried up .

He says maybe 5 per cent below a cup in the dry but much better in the wet with a longer lasting " sweet spot " in the dry so he was able to do more .

Could you please write your experiences once fitted ?
Will do so for sure.

Thats the kind of reviews I have heard so far about the performance.

For now I just received 2 new rear Corsa's to tide me over as the MPSS are not shipping yet in the US and I will not see the set of 4 until End May. I will say that Mich finally followed up on the PS2 after loosing ground to Pirelli and Bridgestone in the race. .

Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
can't wait!

Old 03-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
Hmmm I had my guy order in some bridgestone re-11s but this tire may trump it! 30,000mile warranty is crazy if this tire is as good as it sounds!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:33 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great info!

Old 03-07-2011, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
My understanding is that Michelin will be releasing a Super Sport fitment specifically for Carrera GT (meaning it will be N-Spec).

This will be a game changer for the CGT indeed. It can now get closer to its real potential with these tires.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
I've just had a set installed on my CGT and will report back in due course:

I've run the car on slicks and it's staggering the pace it has with the correct rubber.

Another alternative is to run 19" BBS wheels with 265/30 19" and 345/30 19" full blown pilot sport cups.

I'll be trying this set up as well.

Last edited by 993rsr; 03-07-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Marc
Will do so for sure.

Thats the kind of reviews I have heard so far about the performance.

For now I just received 2 new rear Corsa's to tide me over as the MPSS are not shipping yet in the US and I will not see the set of 4 until End May. I will say that Mich finally followed up on the PS2 after loosing ground to Pirelli and Bridgestone in the race. .
great look forward to it . gotta be better than a 7 y old design anyway eh ?

Originally Posted by gah993
can't wait!
me neither !

Originally Posted by Vettilac
Hmmm I had my guy order in some bridgestone re-11s but this tire may trump it! 30,000mile warranty is crazy if this tire is as good as it sounds!
Sorry Vettilac , whats this warranty thing please ?

Originally Posted by DJ
Great info!
agreed !

Originally Posted by hamann7
My understanding is that Michelin will be releasing a Super Sport fitment specifically for Carrera GT (meaning it will be N-Spec).

This will be a game changer for the CGT indeed. It can now get closer to its real potential with these tires.

Thats even better re the N rating . Any idea when or if they will be different and if so how ?

Originally Posted by 993rsr
I've just had a set installed on my CGT and will report back in due course:

Another alternative is to run 19" BBS wheels with 265/30 19" and 345/30 19" full blown pilot sport cups.

I'll be trying this set up as well.
JC !!! Imagine finding you here ! My BBS will be here in the next three weeks fingers crossed in time for spa !

Quick Reply: More Tyre Choice For CGT