Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS - Nice detailed set of photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flatcrank has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Not far short of stolen and returned.

I wonder if the owner of that GT2 RS consented to it being driven around the block for a photo shoot. I hope so, but I suspect not. Do the management of Beverly Hillbillies Porsche first ask for permission or is this just another mile or two on the odometer before delivery and good advertising photos for their business at the expense of their customer?

Can you trust a company that takes customer cars without first asking for permission?

A little road grime on the underside and in the wheel arches, a scrape on the underside of the chin spoiler. Can we seriously expect the person who took the car without permission is of someone who would not perhaps squeeze down the loud pedal just to feel those 620 horses? On a cold turbo engine. Not too bright.

I wonder how Porsche feels about dealer employees taking joy rides in customer cars?

Hopefully this one isn't going to a collector expecting the car to be in new condition.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:42 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Did it ever occur to you that the dealership might own the GT2RS?

Originally Posted by flatcrank
I wonder if the owner of that GT2 RS consented to it being driven around the block for a photo shoot. I hope so, but I suspect not. Do the management of Beverly Hillbillies Porsche first ask for permission or is this just another mile or two on the odometer before delivery and good advertising photos for their business at the expense of their customer?

Can you trust a company that takes customer cars without first asking for permission?

A little road grime on the underside and in the wheel arches, a scrape on the underside of the chin spoiler. Can we seriously expect the person who took the car without permission is of someone who would not perhaps squeeze down the loud pedal just to feel those 620 horses? On a cold turbo engine. Not too bright.

I wonder how Porsche feels about dealer employees taking joy rides in customer cars?

Hopefully this one isn't going to a collector expecting the car to be in new condition.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice

10k rpm is that you?

Old 02-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!

I'm pretty sure it was also used as the getaway car in a bank robbery. You can tell by the pictures.

How can BH Porsche condone this type of behavior is beyond me.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
BTW Amazing pictures! The GT2 RS really is stunning!

Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Ooooooooooooooooo

Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
Hope this thread doesn't take a turn for the worse, I already had popcorn today...

Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really niceASHRAF is just really nice
I don't see why are we assuming that they took the car for a joy ride?

The first thing that comes to mind is the photos being supplied by the owner, but maybe that's just my thought

Awesome car nonetheless!

-AJ

Old 02-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
1mperial STi is on a distinguished road1mperial STi is on a distinguished road
Very sexy car, and my dream car. One day I will own one, one day...

Old 02-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flatcrank has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
Did it ever occur to you that the dealership might own the GT2RS?
The GT2 RS is not just any old 911 coming off the truck.

As you say, the given buyer might well have already reneged on their order and relinquished the car back to the dealer. The dealer certainly looks ready to advertise the car on the Web with a (humorous) Dirty Harry storyline (even if that makes no sense at all for this car.)

I agree there are any number of reasonable scenarios where this photo shoot is no problem. The dealership could well have contacted the owner and received permission to have a particular employee take the car a half mile down a side road and then publish photos as an advertising exercise.

Given the number of cars photographed and published at that one photo sharing site, apparently under the name of Beverly Hill Porsche, it looks like this is standard practice for some enterprising employee to take some shots and feed enthusiasts sites like this one. I see no harm for a dealer allocation car to be used in this way, but not for any car that is already ordered by a customer -- and theoretically all GT2 RS cars were ordered by named customers with a deposit paid.

In any case, I'm not trolling for trouble. Someone else started this thread. I'll check the facts and be sure before throwing a rope over the tallest tree I can find.

Quick Reply: GT2RS - Nice detailed set of photos