Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
I think 918 units will be hard to sell, tbh.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:14 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
How can you say the GT2RS is faster yet the 918 isn't even out yet?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
How can you say the GT2RS is faster yet the 918 isn't even out yet?
Original production specs from Porsche claimed it to be just a bit faster than the cgt.

Yes nothing has been tested.

The market doesn't exist imho for 918 owners around the world at this price point. Under 500k they might have something. Above it no way.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
^^ The kid has a point.

The 918 will surely not disappoint. And it will sell out.

P.S. Hello neighbor!

Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by h20skier
Original production specs from Porsche claimed it to be just a bit faster than the cgt.

Yes nothing has been tested.

The market doesn't exist imho for 918 owners around the world at this price point. Under 500k they might have something. Above it no way.
I'd be willing to bet 100 bucks that this car will crush it's competition upon it's release. It will be a big F YOU to everyone, including McLaren, at about which time we will be hearing about catastrophic failures/warranty claims of British electronics (anyone remember Lucas, the Prince of Darkness?) and technocrap in the MP4 like every other British car ever made before it. One needs to remember that the Macca F1 did not rely on nearly as much electronics and it had a proven BMW motor architecture, and as crappy as BMW engines are, it's still light years ahead of anything from England.

The 918 will be substantially faster than any production Porsche before it, you can bet on it. Almost 90% of CGT owners I know are ready to pounce on their spots.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Haha you just made h20's day. No ones called him kid in years and years. The 918 will be great. Question is how great. Right now it's all just guessing

Old 02-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
By kid, I meant sean73T... just to clarify

Old 02-21-2011, 02:38 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hamann7
Almost 90% of CGT owners I know are ready to pounce on their spots.
How many CGT owners do you know? How many are buyers over $600k?

Old 02-21-2011, 02:42 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
By kid, I meant sean73T... just to clarify
woa, I prefer to go by young man!

They will be one of the first to the market with their halo car being a hybrid of some sorts, so I would be fairly certain they are going to make it out of this world.

I also know quite a few people who either are Carrera GT owners or people that could easily afford a CGT that are waiting for the 918 to come out to get one.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Almost 90% of CGT owners I know are ready to pounce on their spots.

How many do you know? I know there are at least 10 on here, Id be curious to if they are ready to pounce

Quick Reply: Only 918 Porsche 918's will be built.