Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Window Tint ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
Are you saying the 911 is not a race car?

YouTube - Porsche 996 GT3 RS Road Atlanta Leh Keen.wmv

Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
That baby is absolutely ferocious and so is the one in your profile pic. I just prefer open ones. I worded it the wrong way. My bad.
YouTube - ALMS Porsche Penske On-board Laguna Seca

Old 02-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
I am a fan of ~30% tint.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Light tint (30% or lighter) would be good. Anything darker would admittedly look off on a GT3.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
If it's a subtle tint, not too dark, than it enhances the look of the GT3.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished roadPBR ME is on a distinguished road
There is a difference between a Race Car, and a car you race.
A Race Car is developed as such from day one, and has no other purpose.
A car you race is anything else, that you RACE. [Flame Suit ON] So no, a 911 is NOT a Race car.

OP: tint it really light like 50% all around, it will give you the looks benefit, as well as the comfort/interior saving benefit, and still not look Ghetto.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not really a fan of tint and whilst trying to put my bias aside, I still think that tinted windows won't look right on the GT3. Sort of mildly "tacky". Sorry I don't mean to disappoint the pro-tint lobby. So I agree with drdrilz.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, still on the fence I dont track it.

Once again though the famous "its a race car" UGH .the GT3 like the 430 Scud is a STREET CAR that is track capable, anyone who owns one and deludes themselves into thinking they are driving a race car is fuc*in dreaming. A race car gets trailered to the track and is not street legal.

A good example is a friend of Mine Roberto who raced the Challenge series for several years and always finished top 3, he purchased a 430 Scud and has since sold it explaining to me that for the street it felt awful and for the track he felt is wasn't good when coming out of the Challenge car, to each his own.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
OmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud ofOmahaGT has much to be proud of
The GT3's purpose is to be a precise driving tool on track and street.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Chrome can look nice on a black car too, but not on a GT3. A light tint on your black GT3 would look just fine. It's just personal preference.

Quick Reply: GT3 Window Tint ?