Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the LE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:02 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hahaha sounds like you weren't expecting to get one? Either way, congrats! Let us know as you learn more.
I was asked at 6 this morning and I said YES at 6:01 this morning. Other 2 are spoken for. Coming from Porsche Motorsports. I have no clue about when they deliver, but I better start saving. Price is north of a 2 RS.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:06 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I think you misunderstood the number three. What your dealer meant was that there will be three different types of limited edition 997s released in February of this year. This is just one of them, and they will each be limited to 8000. I put down my deposit for #3876/8000 two weeks ago.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:12 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
^LOL. I wouldn't doubt that one bit. I backed out and opted for the "Red" version of the Cayenne diesel Kers edition.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
this is a GT3R LE, track car, not street legal anywhere... the coming car is a GT3RS LE, 100% street legal, and surely less expensive than the GT2RS...

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:37 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, my bad. So there will be 4 limited edition 997s released this month.

Jesus crist, when will this end.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:40 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Someone post some pictures. It's a thing of beauty. Love the colors. Gonna try and get mine a little custom. I like the basic white with a combo of red/black/yellow. Anyone care to photoshop a design?

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:42 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
No no, that's the GT3R released last year -> Technology & Concept - 911 GT3 R (Type 997) - Racing cars / Racing components - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

In developing the vehicle, the emphasis was placed on improving driveability and making handling easier. The 911 GT3 R features a four-litre six-cylinder boxer engine delivering 480 hp (353 kW). A six-speed sequential gearbox transmits the power to the rear axle.

The development of the 1,200 kg lightweight 911 GT3 R is based on the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup presented in September 2009 for one-make cup racing. Thanks to a 0.2-litre increase in engine capacity, the GT3 R delivers 30 hp more than its Cup pendant. Both race vehicles are based on the extra-wide body of the street-legal 911 GT3 RS.

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:45 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Nice pic. Marketing was released. Car isn't out yet. Someone asked them for an RSR, and Porsche said "how about this" as a replacement.
I wonder why only 3 cars are coming over here?

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Now I'm seriously confused.

jcc2tx, are you planning to go racing in a certain series with this car? Seems a little much for a track day toy.

Also, please post up some more pics of your 90% cup car when you get a chance

Old 02-09-2011 | 08:59 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
Good question. Car is NOT classified to compete in any series. It must be changed.
It won't be a track day toy. I plan on racing. Have been working toward that for some time. Where, I don't know.

Will do on GT3. It's at shop getting some stuff. I guess my 90% comment might be a little much. What I have is a 10 GT3 with tune and race exhaust, with the suspension slammed and agressive camber. It has other stuff too, like cage, flywheel, etc. But to say 90% is a stretch. You can't really say that when you have a FULL leather interior with NAV and Bose. LOL.