Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GT2 RS Delivery photos & Video!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
St. Regis Hotel

Was where we all were staying.

View from my room-

I arrived around 2pm, dinner was @ 6pm after pre-registration. Unfortunately I didn't go to dinner as I was waiting for Pete (Savvyboy) to call me - apparently Porsche Reception didn't give him my number, so by the time I did talk to him, I was already wiped out.

Saturday we had breakfast and boarded the bus @ 8:15 where we took a small trip to El Toro. Upon arriving we immediately were shuffled into the 'tent' where GT2RS Product Manager Andreas Preuninger addressed the group, and went over every detail of the cars beginning(s), their conversations with the Board to get approval for such a product- their lines of thinking, testing and goals.

First and foremost this car started off as a 'skunkworks' project. NOT - contrary to popular belief- a 'marketing department project'. It took Andreas nearly 3 months to convince the Board they need a MINIMUM of 600hp, and it took more time to eventually get to 620hp. From the Engine to the 'spec'd for the GT2RS tires (tyres) "Michelins". Every inch of this car was gone over, again and again and again. Items such as mounting plates for a roll bar were not considered as they save weight. As Andreas states "grams add up to kilograms of reduced weight"

This car is 93kg heavier than a Cup Car. (I believe that number is correct, maybe it's 90) and that's WET. That's remarkable considering each cars unique mission.

The press didn't pick up on the car as it was being tested right under our noses- disguised neatly in a MkI997GT2's body.

Their goal wasn't to just beat the competition; but to smash them.

Keep this in mind: By the time the Corvette ZR1 reaches 300KPH- the GT2RS is already at a complete stop!!!!

Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2011, 01:29 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
RSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond reputeRSSbryan has a reputation beyond repute
Badass! Congrats...

Old 02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
I proceeded to pull out, push down the clutch, and launch the living hell out of the car right there. My instructor had nothing to say. LOL.
Awesome!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
What an event! Makes me wish they had done something similar here. Congratulations Mr Cole!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
So cool! What an experience. Personalized service such as this will only help reduce the second hand market of these cars even further.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Keep this in mind: By the time the Corvette ZR1 reaches 300KPH- the GT2RS is already at a complete stop!!!!
Thank you Chris for sharing that! And that's amazing! The RS is one incredible, amazing, bad ass, outrageous, <insert appropriate expletive>, etc machine! Anyone that has one is a lucky fellow!

Old 02-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
So awesome. This car is so full of win. Can't wait to see one. Congrats and enjoy to all the owners.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cyprus16M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats, great colour choice aswell. Use it in good days

Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
On a side note; it's been over 14 years since I've visited CA properly, and once in the air you really do see the unique landscape that is so appealing. From the rolling hills and Moutains, all the way down to the Pacific- and the GORGEOUS women out there. No wonder it costs so much to live!!!!

I plan on going back - soon- to visit.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 RS Delivery photos & Video!