Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
flitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond reputeflitch has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 RS Pricing

What are you guys paying for your new GT3 RS? There seem to still be a fair number of them available at dealerships. Are you paying window or are you getting a discount off it?

Old 02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am not paying... but you should easily be able to get a discount... many have

drive a hard bargain and you might be surprised... I know of a few $15xK cars sold as low as 125 in one instance and another at $130...

a couple weeks ago a $16xK car with 167 miles sold second hand at $131k

not easy but the deals are there and if I was a dealer I would be motivated... I heard there are over 40 on dealer lots and still shipping more but I also heard production is over.

find a couple you like and start grinding - I would not pay more than $135k for any new .2RS and at $135 it would have to be just right

good luck - it is a buyers market IMHO

Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
Where did the car sell for 131k at?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
private 2nd hand sale... in a sales tax state... including tax original buyer was close to $180k then sold at $131 with only 167 miles on it :-(

the 15x to 125 sale was at McKenna

Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
The production is indeed over.
If you are a good customer for your dealer a 6/8% discount on price list should not be a problem.
If you are a VERY good one then a 10% is workable

Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Pm sent!

Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
porsche332 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PJS
private 2nd hand sale... in a sales tax state... including tax original buyer was close to $180k then sold at $131 with only 167 miles on it :-(

the 15x to 125 sale was at McKenna
That was stupid

Old 02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by porsche332
That was stupid
I think it was a case of bad speculation or the seller needing cash... OR possibly cutting his losses before it got worse

Today I heard that there are over 100 RS on dealer lots... which I cannot believe but from a reliable source. A guy on RL said virtually every dealer in so cal has at least one...

so a guy with a 167 mile high option car has to compete with the new mid to low option level car.

I agree it was not smart but if the prices continue to drop then maybe, although it was a loss, it was better to get out sooner rather than later.

If you buy new in a sales tax state, then more times than not you are hosed in more ways than one.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
That number is pretty close to dead cost on a new one- so *if* a dealer was willing to cut one loose for dead cost, it's not that bad of a move.

Expensive move, omg yes. That must of hurt. But speculation is running rampant on such cars. Bizarre world.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:33 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
just to be clear... the 167 mile car was not a dealer...

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Pricing