Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Porsche 918 road car will be the Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zeus

Porsche 918 RSR hybrid race car from the 2011 Detriot Auto show

Give me the car shown above in coupe form with it's current paint color & livery - replace it's hybrid powertrain with a couple of turbo's, further strengthen the engine's internals & move up the redline a couple of thousand to yeald about 867-967hp, call it the 918RS - done.

Stroke me a deposit check. See what we can do. How about 100K? And pick your color as well. Arena Red?

Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
I wish em luck. McLaren is $250k.
yep and it will be remarkable.

(hands in porsche fanboy card)

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Does anyone know if the production version of the 918 will be at the Geneva Motor Show?

Old 02-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
I wish em luck. McLaren is $250k.
If Porsche's objective is the Mclaren I am sure they cannot screw the price up...
We do not know how much the 918 Spyder will cost but maybe without all the Hybrid stuff it will have a big reduction in price?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:39 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
If Porsche's objective is the Mclaren I am sure they cannot screw the price up...
We do not know how much the 918 Spyder will cost but maybe without all the Hybrid stuff it will have a big reduction in price?
being that porsche sells $1/4million 911s... the 918, regardless of drive, will be remarkably higher.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
This car will be epic

Old 02-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Having said that, the reviews on the new McLaren make it the best supercar on the market today

Old 02-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Stroke me a deposit check. See what we can do. How about 100K? And pick your color as well. Arena Red?
Respect

Old 02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ressy
According to Wolfgang Durheimer ( Porsche's Executive Vice President ) there is the possibility that a 918 Coupe could be launched in the market.
From what he says this car would be very similar to the 918 RSR, it would have the V8 coming from the 918 Spyder but it would NOT be fitted with the Hibryd system.
This car would be built to "compete" against McLaren Mp4/12C.
The 911 GT cars should be competing with the MP4-12C.

This thing should be competing with the McLaren F1 replacement.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zeus
The 911 GT cars should be competing with the MP4-12C.

This thing should be competing with the McLaren F1 replacement.
I see what you mean and I agree with you but according to the interwiev he relased to a Spanish Magazine he was reffering to McLaren and FIAT 458 Italia as "competitors" for this car.

Quick Reply: The Porsche 918 road car will be the Spyder