Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EVO car of the year 2010(spoiler inside)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
EVO car of the year 2010(spoiler inside)

According to the blokes at Pistonheads and already in print in many UK OPC's
3. GT2RS
2. 458

1. GT3RS....surprise surprise.

Past winners since 1999:

99-Porsche GT3
00-Porsche Turbo
01-Pagani Zonda
02-Acura NSX-R
03-Porsche GT3 s2
04-Porsche (997)Carrera S
05-Ford GT
06-Ferrari 599GTB
07-Porsche GT3RS
08-Nissan GTR
09-Lotus Evora
10-Porsche GT3RS

Last edited by NelsonF; 12-07-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
NO surprise at all...and well earned...id of chosen the same!

Old 12-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Surprized the 458 beat the GT2 rs but not the GT3 rs.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to Porsche! They built a great car.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
i am sure it was very close. All are dream cars to have.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Surprized the 458 beat the GT2 rs but not the GT3 rs.
Me too.

I would've picked GT2RS > 458 Italia > GT3RS. I can't wait to pick up this issue.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
NelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant futureNelsonF has a brilliant future
Gt 3rs

Apparently Evo has has a very high regard for 911's. They've captured a very high percentage of Evo COTY honors over the past dozen years, especially the GT cars. I have always respected the mag, but I'm sure someone will claim something is up with these selections. Reminds me of c&d and their affinity for BMW 3 series. I'd have to concur with the GT3 selections throughout the years though-especially this year! No bias here

Old 12-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to have to give the nod to Evo magazine over Motor Trend, who chose the Ford Fusion.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Awesome. EVO writers readily point out their own predilections for 911s - when the 997.1 RS won they acknowledged that it was almost becoming a cliche, and the year before that, when the 997.1 GT3 lost to the 599, the writers admitted that for most of the test the GT3 had a blown tire, and that was probably the only way to make the test fair for other carmakers.

I was concerned that, as the trend is with auto journalism nowadays, they were going to pick something other than the GT3RS just to shake things up. But it looks like they couldn't kid themselves!

I interested to see what they say about the 458 because it was pretty beamingly reviewed in every EVO article I read.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
I'm going to have to give the nod to Evo magazine over Motor Trend, who chose the Ford Fusion.

lol I agree

Quick Reply: EVO car of the year 2010(spoiler inside)