Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Porsche Cajun

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010 | 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Is the SUV not the best selling vehicle in Porsches lineup? I don't know the actual numbers, but I bet they make significant bank off of making this type of vehicle?

I mean if you want exclusivity and all the bull go buy a Ferarri or Pangani. Porsches are built buy a guy name Hans who has a passion for quality and refinement, do you not want that to go into SUV's for the mistress as well? I hate most large SUV's because they are used for the wrong purpose, this one will be drivn on city streets like the rest. I wish that more people on here could get that there will be a BADASS Dakar truck built off this likeness, and is that not just a extension of the Porsche racing legacy that we all respect.

Old 12-02-2010 | 12:03 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barebones
Is the SUV not the best selling vehicle in Porsches lineup? I don't know the actual numbers, but I bet they make significant bank off of making this type of vehicle?

I mean if you want exclusivity and all the bull go buy a Ferarri or Pangani. Porsches are built buy a guy name Hans who has a passion for quality and refinement, do you not want that to go into SUV's for the mistress as well? I hate most large SUV's because they are used for the wrong purpose, this one will be drivn on city streets like the rest. I wish that more people on here could get that there will be a BADASS Dakar truck built off this likeness, and is that not just a extension of the Porsche racing legacy that we all respect.
Go buy her a X3 or GLK and I'll keep my Racing Legacy thank you very much.

Old 12-02-2010 | 12:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Porsche isn't made for everybody. Period.

Old 12-02-2010 | 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Go buy her a X3 or GLK and I'll keep my Racing Legacy thank you very much.
Is this not what pays the way for the legacy to continue? The profit margin on one of these has to be larger than on a GTS or CGT.

Old 12-02-2010 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barebones
Is this not what pays the way for the legacy to continue? The profit margin on one of these has to be larger than on a GTS or CGT.
I don't know anything about Porsche's actual profit margin, nor does anyone else here to even begin to speculate.

But I would venture to guess they do just fine with the current line up to seed new programs and cars.

Old 12-02-2010 | 02:30 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Its a GLK / XE competitor...

Old 12-02-2010 | 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 81911
Lol at the people who claim to know what Porsche is doing. You don't know, you know speculation. That's it and or you know what Porsche wants you to know. 996 GT2 anyone?
No, as far as I know, I'm right. Matthias Muller confirmed it.

Old 12-02-2010 | 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Which is what I said. But most of what you say is pure speculation and designs you "think" they'll do.

Old 12-02-2010 | 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Brand dilution at it's finest. Water it down Porsche, just keep W-A-T-E-R-I-N-G it DOWN.

Old 12-02-2010 | 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Exactly CEO which I won't totally blame Porsche for.