Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My ride in a 9ff GTurbo 850 - the new definition of speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!littlemj You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My ride in a 9ff GTurbo 850 - the new definition of speed

This weekend I got the chance to take place at the passenger seat of a machine that was origin a Porsche 997 GT3 RS mk1. The company 9ff in Dortmund, Germany transmuted it to a 9ff GTurbo 850 and, you`re guessing right, the last number express the bhp!

From the outside the only way to identify the car as a non stock Porsche there are the badge on the hood, the logo on the backside and a orange 9ff stroke on the side of the car (but the car is also orange, so you won`t see it at first sight...) and the imprinting at the exhaust pipes.

At the inside the only hint is a new speedo which goes up to 400 kph, the rest of the car remains stock porsche, normal bucket seats, etc. etc.

As I drove to the shooting I recognized a little organge spot in my mirror, as I drove off the Autobahn I heared a growling behind me and a few seconds after I saw the 9ff behind me. We drove to our venue and had a little smalltalk while waiting for some friends of mine who also wanted to see the GTurbo.

Soon after they arrived and we went for the first location. I started my Z3, 5 seconds after that I heared nothing but *BROOOMMMMMM* as the 9ff started to life. But the rev counter wasn`t at zero, so I drove off to location #1 where we photographed the car with another orange one, a fire-orange BMW 335i convertible (the colour originally thought just for the M3 GTS):

After that, we took some solo shots:

After some pictures I wanted to have a go as a passenger on our nice unrestricted german autobahn

A friend of mine entered the driver seat at my z3 coupe (2.8), the other one got in his z3 coupe (3.0) and drove away, I fastened the seatbelt in the 9ff and some minutes later we were ready to roll.

We entered the Autobahn in second gear, the driver puts the hammer down and my head just went backwards till the back of the seat. My Canon, put on very record just went anywhere but nowhere near the speedo. Unbelievable the boost the 3.8 liter engine develops! I had the chance to have a go in certain supercars as Porsche Carrera GT, Ferrari F40, Ferrari 16m, Techart Turbo, and many more, but the only thing I can imagine (but I hadn`t had a go in it) is the Bugatti Veyron.

As these thoughts speed to my brain the 9ff goes straight forward, *slam*, third gear at around 160 to 180 kph and suddenly the back starts to drift, the rear tyres struggle to get any traction down to the street. But the driver got full control over the car, a short correction on the wheel and we are back on the line. The needle flies epicly fast, the installed driftbox on the windscreen can`t count fast enough (for real!!). At 250 kph (aprox. 155 mph) I hear beside the slurp of the giant turbochargers another noise... Again the tires?? The driver just remarks a short "jap", lifts the throttle for a nano second, the tires get grip and the drive goes on.

To make a long story short, after some Kilometers we hit the 300 kph mark and achieved a mindblowing 320 kph, the fastest I ever went on a car before

A friend of mine also climed on the passengers seat, in his attempt they arrived a hardly believable 352 kph

We hardly can put the relived in words, just a small "thanks" to the driver and the rest of the time we stood there, grinning like idiots

It shurely was an unusuall experience, the next time (next spring) I see the owner I make sure to get some gear to fix the Camera on the roll cage to get you a experience on how quick the car gets from a to b.
Right now I only got some numbers. The time it needs to acclerate from 100 to 300 kph is a whopping 12 seconds!!!!!

So, stay tuned for some pictures the next days and for the video in Spring 2011

Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Amazing car! Must have been a life changing car ride.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Member
jenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura aboutjenswillemen has a spectacular aura about
that car is beautifull

Old 11-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
PEKKA is on a distinguished roadPEKKA is on a distinguished roadPEKKA is on a distinguished roadPEKKA is on a distinguished road
The owners name is Max?

Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Idles like a cement mixer.....a fast cement mixer. Owner a top guy

Old 11-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Man, I'd love to drive that thing!

Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Wow so sick...

Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
amazing! wish I had one to ride like that

Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to behold
I have the GTTurbo 750 in a clip I've made at the Essen Motorshow 2008.
YouTube - Essen Motor Show 2008 Highlights Part 1 - Porsches

Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Great write up and pics!

Quick Reply: My ride in a 9ff GTurbo 850 - the new definition of speed