Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIDEO: 997 GT2 RS by Fifth Gear

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to behold
An uninterrapted proper lap from Jason here:
YouTube - Fifth Gear Web TV - Porsche 911 GT2RS Hot Lap

Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
success of a vid

Old 11-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
I think I get Jason's point. I mean he admits that the Porsche is slightly better in most aspects, but still only slightly. However when it comes to how special and exotic the cars feel, the 458 wins by miles. Enough to more than just make up for the other aspects where Porsche is ahead.
Let's face it, the GT2 RS is just another 911. Ok it has more power and less weight, but that doesn't give a car that special something which you get in the 458.

I think my verdict would have been pretty similar to Jason's.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
johnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond reputejohnsgt has a reputation beyond repute
i have to agree.

Originally Posted by Ludas
I think I get Jason's point. I mean he admits that the Porsche is slightly better in most aspects, but still only slightly. However when it comes to how special and exotic the cars feel, the 458 wins by miles. Enough to more than just make up for the other aspects where Porsche is ahead.....

Old 11-23-2010, 05:26 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I think I get Jason's point. I mean he admits that the Porsche is slightly better in most aspects, but still only slightly. However when it comes to how special and exotic the cars feel, the 458 wins by miles. Enough to more than just make up for the other aspects where Porsche is ahead.
Let's face it, the GT2 RS is just another 911. Ok it has more power and less weight, but that doesn't give a car that special something which you get in the 458.

I think my verdict would have been pretty similar to Jason's.
Apples to oranges.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Why didn't they just put the GT2RS up againsed the 458 on a dry track to see by how high a margin the RS spanks the 458?

Old 11-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold12:03 is a splendid one to behold
I agree with Jason as well. If given the choice, I am not sure which one I would pick. Probably the 458, but that being said, I am and always will be a Porsche guy first and foremost...

Being a porsche guy first, here is why I would ALWAYS chose the GT3RS over anything else anyway: (be sure to click part 2 as the video is split up into two parts)... this has been posted before, but in light of the conversation I feel its worth revisiting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74daMAXQ-Co

EVO - Chris Harris... GT3RS vs 458

Last edited by 12:03; 11-23-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
911TurboS2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Barry Goldwater-

This may kill all of the children as well.

I think that the GT2RS does not qualify as a 'supercar' for many people, because it retains the look of a 911, not the flare of a slant-nosed, sculpted GTP-like racecar.

Also, the 0-60 mph times are under 3 seconds for this car.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
steeve is an unknown quantity at this point
The guy is entitled to his own opinion, and thats just what it is. However he is a skilled racing driver.
But thank goodness we dont all like the same thing.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: 997 GT2 RS by Fifth Gear