Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged BBS RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Curious about two things:

If the offset is the same as stock, why the fender rolling?

What are the weights?

Mike

Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
-No the BBS ET,s are very aggressive compared with OEM.
-I noticed only the right side needs a micro fender rolling,but I will install RSS adj links so I will reduce the rear track 3mm both sides to skip fender rolling.
-I don't remember at this moment but I have both weights in the office, I will post them latter but BBS is very light you can fell it.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSR
-No the BBS ET,s are very aggressive compared with OEM.
-I noticed only the right side needs a micro fender rolling,but I will install RSS adj links so I will reduce the rear track 3mm both sides to skip fender rolling.
-I don't remember at this moment but I have both weights in the office, I will post them latter but BBS is very light you can fell it.
do u have the exact offset?

if they are what they are then BBS only offers one offset/fitment for the car. i think u mean more aggressive is because the car is lowered further than stock height & u don't have enough negative camber in the back.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SSR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by 20C4S
do u have the exact offset?

if they are what they are then BBS only offers one offset/fitment for the car. i think u mean more aggressive is because the car is lowered further than stock height & u don't have enough negative camber in the back.
These wheels are specific for GT3 RS gen II center lock.
Even at OEM ride height the BBS ET is more aggressive than OEM,ET will not be affected by lowering the car.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSR
These wheels are specific for GT3 RS gen II center lock.
Even at OEM ride height the BBS ET is more aggressive than OEM,ET will not be affected by lowering the car.
then they are the RE monobloc. i have a set coming i can more pics of the wheel.

lowering the car will not change the ET of course. what i meant was the aggressiveness comes from the camber setting.

waiting for u to confirm their offsets.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:31 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
Nah camber was affected .3 left .5 right this helps to prevent fender problems but it is almost nothing.
Yes they are BBS RE for 997 GT3 RS gen II monoblock.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
right. but they're the same offsets as stock. i wouldn't consider them if the fenders need to be rolled. regardless, they're hot nonetheless.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
This is the OE fitment. 19x9 ET47 in front, 19x12 ET48 rear.
No need for rolling fenders.
So, the offset must be different, methinks.

Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
20C4S
NO they have different ET,s
Yes I also don't want to roll my fenders,so I will use adjustable rear suspension links and will reduce some mm,s the rear track or total with of the car.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:42 PM
SSR
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
This is the OE fitment. 19x9 ET47 in front, 19x12 ET48 rear.
No need for rolling fenders.
So, the offset must be different, methinks.
Yes BBS RE Monoblock wheels have front and rear different ET,s.
No need to roll the fenders but in my case I noticed right side fender made a mini micro mark in the tire that I eliminate just with my finger,I will properly alight and corner weight the car in the next days and I plan to get more rear camber so this situation will be solved really easy...
BTW your wheels are super cool...

Quick Reply: Forged BBS RS