Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SharkWerks Sound Deflector Track Tips!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
SharkWerks Sound Deflector Track Tips!

Hey folks just wanted to share something we recently made in the form of these Laguna Seca targeted track tips. These cars are quite noisy from the factory and so a lot of us locals have been booted off the track at Laguna Seca even with a stock exhaust. Throw an aftermarket exhaust on and you're likely going to get meat-balled before you finish your first lap. Thanks to a forum member (or two) who have been testing this design they've been able to get by the super-strict Laguna Seca sound police with a set of tips similar to what we've now come up with.

As you can see from the design we're using a flange that fits all MK1 997GT3, GT3RS and MK2 GT3 and GT3RS cars (even with the Titanium muffler). We tried to keep it as light as possible and ended up only being about 1 pound heavier than the stock factory stainless tips.

Installed on Kermit, which incidentally takes about 5 minutes (three bolts):

The most important part of the kit is the shark obviously. If all else fails just give your local sound-police chap one of these and he'll wave you on...

Again thanks to the kind folks on the board like Adam etc... for helping and generally just getting together on this. We know this design works well with a stock exhaust and at Laguna Seca and depending upon what the limits are at your track and the location of the sound meter these will also work with after market exhausts (including our own exhaust system) and help quieten things down a bit.

The other option as always is this:
http://sharkwerks.com/porsche/techni...at-laguna.html

And when you're not using these tips on your car they actually serve several other purposes:

Cat pooper scooper
Organic Garden Shovel
Ice-Cream dispenser
Manual Bilge Pump

So as you can see they're pretty useful these things are...

We have a few of these and more information is available on our product page:
Shark Werks GT3 Sound Deflector Tips for 997 GT3, 997 GT3RS, 2010 997 GT3 - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)

Old 10-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Smoke You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Brilliant idea!

Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
yearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond repute
Is it Sport mode that trips out the sound meters or the cars too loud anyway?

I recently bought a exhaust valve control unit from Carnewal that takes 5mins to plug in and get using and means you can keep the valves closed all through the rev range. I use this with my Sharkwerks bypass on the road too for when I want it to be quieter at motorway speeds. I have not done a db reading for the bypass with closed valves yet though.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoke
Brilliant idea!
hehe thanks and we like to make weird stuff!
Originally Posted by yearone
Is it Sport mode that trips out the sound meters or the cars too loud anyway?

I recently bought a exhaust valve control unit from Carnewal that takes 5mins to plug in and get using and means you can keep the valves closed all through the rev range. I use this with my Sharkwerks bypass on the road too for when I want it to be quieter at motorway speeds. I have not done a db reading for the bypass with closed valves yet though.
It sure does and depends on the track too. In fact, even in non-sport a bone stock car gets meatballed at Laguna Seca Really sucks!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Im shocked they are hassling people with stock cars. Especially since the GT3 is not the loudest stock car around.