Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Best Track Day Porsche
GT2
6.06%
GT3
4.55%
GT3 RS
74.24%
GT2 RS
15.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Ultimate Track Day Porsche?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
993 GT2 to track???
That thing will spend more time in the run off than the track...
That thing was MADE for the track and would give you a proper and absolute biblical experience every time you took it out there. Something you modern era Porsche fags would never understand

Old 10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
^ What Mo said, as usual
Thank you my friend, great minds think alike

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by jox
That thing was MADE for the track and would give you a proper and absolute biblical experience every time you took it out there. Something you modern era Porsche fags would never understand
ebor GT Ltd : Porsche 993 GT2 EVO

Old 10-01-2010, 04:51 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I have been to Sears Point in my 996 GT2.

I have also ridden in 996 GT3's at Sears Point.

I prefer GT2, it really teaches you to be smooth, and in the 996 era, if you are not smooth, armoco pwnz you.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
My departed GT2 has no PSM.

It aint that modern.

Old 10-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i voted gt3rs, turbos are not for the track, the 3 is more than a handful on any given circut, its pure and alive, 95% of the people that own this car including myself will never exploite its full potential,

its an airconditioned cup car

on the other hand, if you wana be the bigest cock on the track then the gt2rs is defi the way to go,

Last edited by tips; 10-02-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Two things... firstly we are in the modern Porsche era and secondly the 993GT2 is not the OP's list.
Oh and how is the front yard ornament doing?

Originally Posted by tips
...on the other hand, if you wana be the bigest cock on the track then the gt2rs is defi the way to go,
lets hope none of the 5 owners in Bahrain come to BIC

Old 10-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
The non-RS cars are great if you need to do double-duty and use it as a daily driver. The solid color and less flamboyant aero parts make it easy to blend in, which I think is a definite plus when you gotta haul ass to the office or pick up some groceries.

Between the 2 vs. 3 debate, I would have to go with the naturally aspirated model. The GT2 will be faster, but it needs to be setup right. Track and weather conditions can change the attitude of the GT2 drastically. The way the power comes in when you're coming off the corner in the GT2 will screw you into the f'ing ground if the car is not setup right. On top of that, there is a lot less that can go wrong on the GT3, and it's easier to tell when something is breaking / about to break in the 3. You're going to spend more time getting it right with the GT2 (I'm talking about setup, but it applies to driving too), but once it's dialed-in, it will be untouchable. That is where the GT2 rewards you the most IMHO.

For me personally, I think getting something older like a 993, 964 or nicely setup '70s-era RSR replica is the best way to go. It might not be as fast as the newer stuff, but if built properly, they're much simpler and can feel just as fast as the newer cars.

My $.02.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT

lets hope none of the 5 owners in Bahrain come to BIC

nathin wrong with packing the bigest cock

Quick Reply: Ultimate Track Day Porsche?????