Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw the new RUF V8 on the dyno

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Did you happen to ask if they would be selling this motor as a crate?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno
Is the CTR3 really a bad car?

I'd still have one.
No not at all. As jox had said, and IMO everything except the motor was a $500+USD car. It had the amazing quality that you would expect from RUF. In certain colors the car was gorgeous. Open up the deck lid for the engine bay and all you see is a work of art. And it wasn't too slow either

One of the reason my uncle did not get the car was because of the fact your paying so much for a car that doesn't sound any better than a NA 911. And in straight line acceleration it wasn't much faster than some of the other top of the line models from RUF which are less expensive. And it shares a few too many parts from other cars.

Hopefully on the CRT4 RUF makes everything a little more unique.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
Did you happen to ask if they would be selling this motor as a crate?
from day one, they envisioned this motor be sold as a crate. so yes.

Originally Posted by sean73T
In certain colors the car was gorgeous.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
^ Thank you for proving my point. Was that car at the factory when you were there recently?

Old 09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
^ Thank you for proving my point. Was that car at the factory when you were there recently?
yes sir!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by hesperus
yes sir!
Lucky you! I've only seen the white, dark ugly green, hugo's, and some other one in early production, but I really wanted to see one of the red ones. Do you know if it was in for any more modifications? Or why in general?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
That's cool! But I still like flat-6's better. I'm sure this will be a great engine though. I would be interested in a flat-8.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by F1GTRUeno
Is the CTR3 really a bad car?

I'd still have one.
You have to see a CTR3 in the flesh before making the call - Saw Leon's and it is a georgeous thing, exotic, dominant presence, very special looking....

I heard that they had to stop production as there were issues with the spaceframe being bolted to front end - may be malicious rumor however

Thanks for posting the engine dyno shot, I just love how they have the massive analogue torque guage dominating the device, awesome display of what is being sought from a performance engine in the now digital world

Old 09-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by TB993tt
You have to see a CTR3 in the flesh before making the call - Saw Leon's and it is a georgeous thing, exotic, dominant presence, very special looking....
nice to hear from you man! i agree, it has quite a presence. it does have a design aesthetic that deviates a bit IMO from other Ruf creations, and I can certainly see why its not to everyone's taste. but yes, in the metal (and carbon,) it does command attention.

I heard that they had to stop production as there were issues with the spaceframe being bolted to front end - may be malicious rumor however
haven't heard that, and if i asked them, i don't think they'd say much about it-- at least until after any issue had been resolved.

Thanks for posting the engine dyno shot, I just love how they have the massive analogue torque guage dominating the device, awesome display of what is being sought from a performance engine in the now digital world
here's a shot of the control panel

there's actually two engine dyno's at Ruf, and for whatever reason, the V8 this time was hooked up to the older of the two units (usually used for testing air-cooled motors i believe).

its kinda cool because the gauges on the dyno panel are actual gauges from an old 911. but of course for these newer engines, everything is now done from a laptop... not least because the old 911 gauges don't rev to the 8,500RPM the V8 will eventually be pushed to!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
This was an issue. Don't know whether or not it was resolved or not.

Do any of you think they may use this motor either NA or TT for the CTR4?

Last edited by sean73T; 09-27-2010 at 12:15 PM.