Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photoshoot: Track day at PGP Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hey Jason, your pictures are beautiful as always. I was wondering, were you getting the shots at a shutter speed quicker than 1/60 or 1/30? I've heard that those are good speeds to get panning shots to make the wheels and background look like they are moving while the car remains clear/in focus. But these pics show the wheels pretty clearly so I was wondering if your shutter was quicker? Or is this just a slower corner?

Looks like an awesome day and a pretty nice variety of cars.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rjmontoya
Hey Jason, your pictures are beautiful as always. I was wondering, were you getting the shots at a shutter speed quicker than 1/60 or 1/30? I've heard that those are good speeds to get panning shots to make the wheels and background look like they are moving while the car remains clear/in focus. But these pics show the wheels pretty clearly so I was wondering if your shutter was quicker? Or is this just a slower corner?

Looks like an awesome day and a pretty nice variety of cars.
Yes, I was. I purposefully did that because it was more important for me to "capture the moment" than to convey a feeling of moving at speed. I took other photos using a slower shutter speed but not this time. Whenever I set out to take photos, I always have a "theme" in mind.