Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Ressy
Marakji: Sport Chrono is the dial on top of the dashboard. As you say it does not have impact on performance but I recon that interior of the car looks better. The Radio RCD 30 (if I am not wrong with the code) has the same size of the PCM so there will be no "holes"!

Carrara: thanks for the explication mate! Unfortunately I do not have info on eventual Canards.
I know what the sport chrono is (my spell checker messed it up) I always found it ugly on the dashboard, and has no performance feature on GT cars, unless the carriers and the turbos... Anyway we'll be having that discussion SOON )) hahaha

Old 03-25-2011, 02:07 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Carrara
It's fine, not many people know what they are in English either. Look at the carbon fiber fin between the front wheel and radiator, those are canards.

also called "dive planes"
for example there are on audi R8 5.2 GT

Last edited by d3a; 03-25-2011 at 02:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DJ
Some new images from Carrara with the new info and in a 73' RS theme:

Carrara,
wonderful renderings!
Is it possible to have a "shot" from the back?
Do not kill me please...

Old 03-25-2011, 06:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Ressy!

I'll try out a rear rendering and see how it turns out.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Carrara
Thanks Ressy!

I'll try out a rear rendering and see how it turns out.
How about taking an RSR, and toning it down and making it "street"

Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by grant
Was there any mention of Individual Throttles like on the RSR?

Thanks!
a tech question that I would like to know :what's the main advantage of individual throttle?thanks

Old 03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by d3a
a tech question that I would like to know :what's the main advantage of individual throttle?thanks
Take a look at this:
What Are the Benefits of Individual Throttle Bodies? | eHow.com

Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 PM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ressy
grazie

Old 03-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm... ITB goodness:

Old 03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
I finally received some info on the LE today. It's different from what we've been expecting. The source is credible, but that doesn't mean he/she is 100% correct. Here's a summary.

1) Porsche will not announce the car on April 7th. They don't announce new models on Thursdays. They also would announce a car of this magnitude at some type of "event". There are no events on April 7th. My source said the announce will be in May, but no specific day given. Porsche feels that they announced so many cars in the last few months that they want the dust to settle. This will be the last 997 announced and then the 998 will start to get revealed. LE's will be delivered to US in August and Sept. That would be a major disappointment. We've already waited a long time.

2) 4.0L yes. 485 HP, not 500. NO PDK.

3) CF Hood and Fenders from GT2RS - No Surprise

4) Only slightly lighter than the GT3RS

5) New graphics and paint schemes - no surprise

6) Aero will be enhanced, but don't expect RSR style aero

7) Two tone interior options ala GT2RS.

8) Some suspension tweaks

9) $185k MSRP. With CF options it's over $200k.

Overall, what I took away from this is a limited edition GT3RS that simply combines the GT2RS and GT3RS body parts with a 4.0l engine. I'm hoping it's a little more unique than that.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!