Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BBTurbo
I think your OPD is blowing smoke up your Butt. I went straight to Porsche AG on this. No dealer has been given an allocation or any details about the LE. Porsche wants this to be the best kept, non secret they have ever had.
I think your OPD is assuming he's getting the car based on his purchase volume and past history. But with Porsche there are no guarantees. There is also a possibility based on the sub $190k US price that Porsche may produce 911 of these instead of 500. Even 911 units will be a quick sellout. Porsche knows that. Why not take the profit?
I am not someone that gives infos without being sure.
During this past week my OPD was at the Importer(ONLY AND OFFICAL IMPORTER belonging to PORSCHE AG)to arrange allocations for new models coming.
The OI has known about the LE for few months but as far as yesterday they did not now how many cars they would have rcvd from Germany therefore they could not make any plan for allocations.
Untill yesterday... and one of them has been granted by the Importer to my OPD for me.
I am one of the best customers of my OPD and I have very good "contacts" also inside the Importer itself from wich I have been given confirmation too.
As you say no OPD knows any specification about this car yet nor how many cars will be built in total: these infos remain pure speculations as far as now.
In fact I am not writing anything about it, I will as soon as I will rcv real infos ONLY and I will be happy to share them with you!
Whatever number of cars Porsche will produce one of the LEs coming to Italy is definitively mine already and I AM SUPER HAPPY ABOUT IT!!
Of course you are free not to believe me: there is nothing I can do about it...

Last edited by Ressy; 03-04-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I think your OPD is blowing smoke up your Butt. I went straight to Porsche AG on this. No dealer has been given an allocation or any details about the LE. Porsche wants this to be the best kept, non secret they have ever had.
I think your OPD is assuming he's getting the car based on his purchase volume and past history. But with Porsche there are no guarantees. There is also a possibility based on the sub $190k US price that Porsche may produce 911 of these instead of 500. Even 911 units will be a quick sellout. Porsche knows that. Why not take the profit?
it's going to be 500 units, and my dealer submitted requests for serial numbers... i've threatened to set myself on fire if i don't get 500/500 hahaha

Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!997 GT3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Ressy
I am not someone that gives infos without being sure.
During this past week my OPD was at the Importer(ONLY AND OFFICAL IMPORTER belonging to PORSCHE AG)to arrange allocations for new models coming.
The OI has known about the LE for few months but as far as yesterday they did not now how many cars they would have rcvd from Germany therefore they could not make any plan for allocations.
Untill yesterday... and one of them has been granted by the Importer to my OPD for me.
I am one of the best customers of my OPD and I have very good "contacts" also inside the Importer itself from wich I have been given confirmation too.
As you say no OPD knows any specification about this car yet nor how many cars will be built in total: these infos remain pure speculations as far as now.
In fact I am not writing anything about it, I will as soon as I will rcv real infos ONLY and I will be happy to share them with you!
Whatever number of cars Porsche will produce one of the LEs coming to Italy is definitively mine already and I AM SUPER HAPPY ABOUT IT!!
Of course you are free not to believe it: there is nothing I can do about it...
Ressy,
don't worry.I belive you.As I made my first post here about the price of 4.0 GT3,I know that POD of my country recived this information from Porsche AG.Also there will be only one car for my country.So I belive it will be limeted...

Old 03-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
... i've threatened to set myself on fire if i don't get 500/500 hahaha
looking forward to pics...........I mean the new car.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Ressy, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm sure you're restating what you've been told. If you are getting the First LE that arrives in Italy, no matter what, then your OPD could easily tell you that you have an allocation and he would be right. Everyone knows the car is coming. What I'm saying is that no OPD has been given an official allocation or any specific details about the car. Your OPD could not provide you with a letter from Porsche AG or an order number in Modus to prove the allocation. He's simply playing the "I know the Car is coming" I know I'm getting at Least One". "So I know I can give it to my first customer for the car." There is a big difference between this scenario and an OPD receiving and "official" allocation. When my dealer received his GT2RS allocation, he sent me a copy of the letter from PCNA congratulating him on getting an allocation and informing him of the date he could enter the spec in the order bank.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-04-2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Ressy, I'm not saying I don't believe you. I'm sure you're restating what you've been told. If you are getting the First LE that arrives in Italy, no matter what, then your OPD could easily tell you that you have an allocation and he would be right. Everyone knows the car is coming. What I'm saying is that no OPD has been given an official allocation or any specific details about the car. Your OPD could not provide you with a letter from Porsche AG or an order number in Modus to prove the allocation. He's simply playing the "I know the Car is coming" I know I'm getting at Least One". "So I know I can give it to my first customer for the car." There is a big difference between this scenario and an OPD receiving and "official" allocation. When my dealer received his GT2RS allocation, he sent me a copy of the letter from PCNA congratulating him on getting an allocation and informing him of the date he could enter the spec in the order bank.
Ah ok!
Now I understand what you mean!
Of course that "piece fo paper" cannot be issued yet as the car still does not exists officially.
But as the Importer in our country has already rcvd the official number of LEs he will get from Germany (about 20 cars), one has already been allocated to my OPD for me.
Semi-offically if you want, but still 100% granted which is the most important thing for me!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Ressy
Ah ok!
Now I understand what you mean!
Of course that "piece fo paper" cannot be issued yet as the car still does not exists officially.
But as the Importer in our country has already rcvd the official number of LEs he will get from Germany (about 20 cars), one has already been allocated to my OPD for me.
Semi-offically if you want, but still 100% granted which is the most important thing for me!!!
20 LEs for Italy???

Old 03-06-2011, 01:07 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes please

Old 03-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
Yes please

Nice hilarious summary

Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by A430v
20 LEs for Italy???
Yes the number for our market will be around 25 cars only.
Cannot be more precise at the moment...

Last edited by Ressy; 03-07-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!