Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dertub
I just bought a new RS in white and red. I would love the LE, but I'm not about to sell what I just bought. The whole RS thing is getting a little crowded. Does the LE really mean anything except that the asking price can go over $200k ?
Here is a good place to star finding the answer ===> https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4764...tml#post714544

Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Here is a good place to star finding the answer ===> https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/4764...tml#post714544
And round 'n round we go

Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
GTbeowulf is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by B7R
This is CONFIRMED my dear ... The car will be in production right after Geneva
I'm very very sure of this ... & will expect to see one by latest May this year ....

Source of info: P.A.G through their regional office PME

Okay so we now have confirmation of the GT3 RS LE for Geneva

The limited production GT2RS is now in delivery mode to happy owners

The GTS is a 997S "exclusive" variant.

The Black Edition is a 997 "exclusive" variant.

What about the mythical GT3 LE / GTX -- fact or fiction?????

It seems like all RWD 997's are having a "facelift" of sorts and looking at this trend the GT3 must be next.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Hold the press. Just got some info on this car.

Rear engined - Porsche.

please continue.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SEDUCTION.INC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
HOW Many more versions can we get? however, I can dig it!

Old 02-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
I wonder if they will offer paint to sample on this car
I assume P will follow the same policy used for the GT2RS: could you have paint to sample on GT2RS?
I do not know...

Just to add more confusion on special editions... just a couple of days ago I rcvd info on a possible Silver edition due after the Black one...
I am wondering how many old chassis/engines have Porsche left??!!

Last edited by Ressy; 02-04-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by dertub
I just bought a new RS in white and red. I would love the LE, but I'm not about to sell what I just bought. The whole RS thing is getting a little crowded. Does the LE really mean anything except that the asking price can go over $200k ?
I had exactly the same car as yours, I sold it as soon as I rcvd news about this LE...
I managed to sell it at the same price I bought it 6 months earlier so it has been a deal...

I think the LE means having a "special" car produced in a very limited number: does this justify an higher price? Well.. I think everyone here could give a different answer to this...

Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
Are you in for one? Cause I am, unless the price ain't what I expect it to be
I'm in with my "arms & legs" ..... Still waiting for production date & price as well

Old 02-04-2011, 07:11 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
You know they will... but only for those who dont mind waiting
Dear GrayTT r u still waiting for your dream riviera blue GT2 RS
On this one, I really fell that waiting will last for ever ....

NO COLOR to sample is the answer!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone always complains about how many limited edition 911's there are, but what if Porsche never made the 997 Speedster, 997 GT2 RS, 997 Sport Classic, you guys would be complaining that the 911's are getting boring. There really aren't that many special editions. It just seems that way because all of the new variants are being added to the already existing 16 variants of the 911. All of those 16 are necessary. Everyone hates the new special editions, but it seems people are buying them, and loving them once they actually drive them, so let's all stop complaining, or let's take away the RS 4.0 and GT2 RS .

I can, however, understand why the Black Edition cars are stupid. Don't think of them as 'new models that are limited' though, just try to think of them as special editions. It's much better that way.

If you remember though, Porsche has always had an excessive number of 911 variants. In it's first generation we had the 911, 911S, 911T, 911R, 911RS etc.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!