Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011 | 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
Nice to see some PTS pics

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
m5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished road
BMW M5 owner, wants GT3RS 4.0

Hi guys, I am new here.

I currently own a 2007 BMW M5 which I got stroked from Dinan. While I love the car, I have been disappointed by its weight and have been meaning to get something lighter for a while. None of the current supercars tickle my fancy enough (they are either too heavy or not faster than the modified M5 I already have). Enter the GT3RS 4.0 and I think we have a winner.

So, I went to the dealer in my neighborhood and they said, sure we'll sell you the only allocation we have got but you will pay extra (over the sticker). This in my books is a no go. Am I being unreasonable? Is there no way a newbie like myself can get into this car without having to pay over sticker? Are there members here who could possibly help me? I really, really like this car and want to get it but I have passed on rarer items in past instead of paying over the sticker. Any pointers, ideas, help?

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:18 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
You do not have to pay over, plenty of dealers on here who can help out.
Maybe they will chime in?

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT3RS is on a distinguished roadGT3RS is on a distinguished road
How many cars has the US been allocated? it's a real scramble to try and get one of these in the UK order book are closed I believe and we have far more buyers than cars.

Old 05-06-2011 | 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
m5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished roadm5trol is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DJ
You do not have to pay over, plenty of dealers on here who can help out.
Maybe they will chime in?
Thanks, I look forward to hearing from them. I am a serious buyer, ready to pull the trigger. This will be my first Porsche but definitely not the last.

Old 05-07-2011 | 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Member
A430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to allA430v is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GT3RS
How many cars has the US been allocated? it's a real scramble to try and get one of these in the UK order book are closed I believe and we have far more buyers than cars.
130-150, cut from an original # of 220-250 cars. Not sure where our allocations went???

Old 05-07-2011 | 02:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m5trol
Hi guys, I am new here.

I currently own a 2007 BMW M5 which I got stroked from Dinan. While I love the car, I have been disappointed by its weight and have been meaning to get something lighter for a while. None of the current supercars tickle my fancy enough (they are either too heavy or not faster than the modified M5 I already have). Enter the GT3RS 4.0 and I think we have a winner.

So, I went to the dealer in my neighborhood and they said, sure we'll sell you the only allocation we have got but you will pay extra (over the sticker). This in my books is a no go. Am I being unreasonable? Is there no way a newbie like myself can get into this car without having to pay over sticker? Are there members here who could possibly help me? I really, really like this car and want to get it but I have passed on rarer items in past instead of paying over the sticker. Any pointers, ideas, help?

Thanks.
Welcome! To charge over MSRP is always bad in my books. However, my dealer gives first right of refusal to repeat customers. There aren't any first time Porsche owners getting one of these in my country. You have to build your relationship with them, which I think is fair.

Last edited by Mike S; 05-07-2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2011 | 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
wtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond reputewtdoom has a reputation beyond repute
Hi guys, I am new here.

Thanks.
Mate I have friends here in Europe that would sell their souls to lucifer and all his little wizards for an allocation ...

Old 05-07-2011 | 06:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ressy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the roughRessy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GT3RS
In Italy there will be 20/25 cars imported and there were more than 100 resuqests already a couple of months ago...

Hi guys, I am new here.

Thanks.
Do OPDs have the right to speculate on prices!?
If it happens around here customers have the right to complain at PAG...

Last edited by Ressy; 05-07-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-07-2011 | 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
Welcome! To charge over MSRP is always bad in my books. However, my dealer gives first right of refusal to repeat customers. There aren't any first time Porsche owners getting one of these in my country. You have to build your relationship with them, which I think is fair.
Agreed. Same with buying a GTO or even a 458 which are made much more in numbers than an RS 4.0.

Quick Reply: GT3RS 4.0 Limited Edition - Official Information Thread!