Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of fitting Akrapovič exhaust on my GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
for 600 dollars you can get a Europipe full muffler delete...retains stock headers...sounds amazing! Although insanely loud. retains warranty too...although akrapovics stuff is amazing! I had their exhaust on my M3 and it is top notch, but i do feel the titanium gives off a different sound...was weak sounding on the m3 but the gt3 seems to sound good w/their exhaust.

europipe
With europipe muffler delete do you still use the stock cats? Is it unbearably loud, like " must get of the highway now cuz i cant stand the drone" loud? I am used to loud cars but dont want it to undriveable.

Last edited by Sideways_swe; 09-16-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
DD GT3 RD, didn't you take your Europipe off and go back to Sharkwerks bypass? If so why'd you choose to do that?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Akrapovic Evolution on my 2010 GT3RS. For me, keeping the exhaust valving is non-negotiable. That way Sport button allows loud when I want it and quiet when I want it. Not everybody wants a Cup car decibel level 100% of the time.

No HP/TQ penalty to keep valves, but some extra weight (but still less weight than OE).

The sound at WOT is pretty crazy (106db). With valves closed, idle is perfectly quiet and doesn't piss off the neighbor hood.

This system also preserves low end torque (valves/side mufflers), which is usually destroyed by straight pipe systems. Do you homework, there is a lot to know if you want to be a fully informed shopper.

If price is no object, the Akrapovic Evolution system offers a great deal of value.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by savyboy
I have the Akrapovic Evolution on my 2010 GT3RS. For me, keeping the exhaust valving is non-negotiable. That way Sport button allows loud when I want it and quiet when I want it. Not everybody wants a Cup car decibel level 100% of the time.

No HP/TQ penalty to keep valves, but some extra weight (but still less weight than OE).

The sound at WOT is pretty crazy (106db). With valves closed, idle is perfectly quiet and doesn't piss off the neighbor hood.

This system also preserves low end torque (valves/side mufflers), which is usually destroyed by straight pipe systems. Do you homework, there is a lot to know if you want to be a fully informed shopper.

If price is no object, the Akrapovic Evolution system offers a great deal of value.
+ 1

Old 09-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by savyboy
Totally agree with you. So this means I need to go for "Sport Mode Active"? The full exhaust system price is kinda steep for me for the time being and since other variables don't really make any difference to me other than the sound, do you recommend the "Slip on - homologated exhaust system" ?

Old 09-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Sideways_swe
With europipe muffler delete do you still use the stock cats? Is it unbearably loud, like " must get of the highway now cuz i cant stand the drone" loud? I am used to loud cars but dont want it to undriveable.
I mean its loud as ****, if thats a description. I mean no mufflers...It does drone but actually I thought it wasnt bad on the highway. More around town at slower speed, because on the highway with the engine and exhaust behind you felt like the sound stays behind you. But yes to avoid drone prob have to keep above 3200/3500 rpm.

Originally Posted by Crash
DD GT3 RD, didn't you take your Europipe off and go back to Sharkwerks bypass? If so why'd you choose to do that?
this is true. The gt3 is my only car and i loved the exhaust(if i had 2 cars no way i would never have taken the EP off), but im kinda that guy who doesnt like to bother people or be rude...i know its kind of *****...but i felt that i was disturbing the peace...so then i ended up driving the car slower and at lower rpms so I wouldnt bother people..and then i wasnt driving the car as i like to. Honestly thou, its worth the 600 just to hear the damn thing!!! It sounds amazing...one of the best things ive ever heard, saves so much weight, and adds power from 3200rpm on and a good amount.

I put the sharkwerks back on cause i wasnt goin to go back to full stock and I do think the sharkwers center delete is perfect for most, so much better than stock, everyone who is stock needs 1...Funny thing is im considering putting the Europipe back on because i miss it so much. What a deal that thing is...or im considering trying to put 2 large resonators on it (1 on each side) and see if it quiets it down just a lil similar to Sharkys race system, talked to them about buying the resonators they use on theirs. BTW they are really nice and helpful guys...recommend them to everyone.

OP - sorry for going off topic

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 09-16-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Crash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished roadCrash is on a distinguished road
Thanks.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
brim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of lightbrim is a glorious beacon of light
You will love the sound, but there are cheaper options if that is all you are after (see europipe muffler delete above, sharkwerks, RSS xpipe).

Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
you should listen to the FVD system. The TS member Ranger has it and i got to say it sounds amazing and has very good power gains and weight loss. M&M makes their exhaust, and M&M makes the exhaust for many of the cup cars, supposed to be one of the best.

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 09-16-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
you should listen to the FVD system. The member Ranger from 6speed has it and i got to say it sounds amazing and has very good power gains and weight loss. M&M makes their exhaust, and M&M makes the exhaust for many of the cup cars, supposed to be one of the best.
OMG, thank you sir. Though as I said, no more talking about this from me. I've over stayed my welcome on the topic and am hated.
The majority of members wouldn't give it the time of day.
That was proven above. Yet I would think some don't even know the multiple options of the product. I concede.
Good day guys.

Ranger

Quick Reply: Thinking of fitting Akrapovič exhaust on my GT3