Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM GT3 Roll-cadge Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished road
OEM GT3 Roll-cadge Installation

I asked our dealer if I could have them install an original roll-cadge in my GT3 and they said they were not authorized by the factory to do this job. Since my car did not come with one , the factory warranty will be voided if I have one installed here. Even if it were an OEM roll-cadge. Would anyone know the reason for this? Is this true to other dealers as well?

Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Exact same thing happened to me. From what I understand, since the US was never intended to have a rollcage installed, even the european OEM part installed is not part of the US spec, which would violate the warranty if the dealership installed it. My dealership explained the exact same situation to me, so you aren't alone.

I have heard of some dealers in the US sidestepping this rule but overall it doesn't seem to be done. Since I have been on the market, a word of advice - a few members have suggested that I don't go OEM, and pick up something like the RSS cage, because the OEM cage is made up of multiple, bolted parts that will eventually squeak continuously as time goes on. The RSS is made from less parts, and apparently mounts better as well. Good luck with the search.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished road
Thanks Ryan. I wanted the rollcadge installed so that I could use a 5 point harness. Is there another way to install a 5 point harness without putting the rollcadge? I was at the track this weekend with my car and the stock belts don's seem to hold me well in the seat during hard driving.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GT3MNL
Thanks Ryan. I wanted the rollcadge installed so that I could use a 5 point harness. Is there another way to install a 5 point harness without putting the rollcadge? I was at the track this weekend with my car and the stock belts don's seem to hold me well in the seat during hard driving.
I agree, the racing harnesses really help at the track. I think you should continue to pursue getting a rollcage, but was just passing along advice people had told me to go with a cage that wasn't OEM. RSS looks good, although I don't know what would be available for you in the philippines. There are a number of sponsors on the right hand side who could probably help, too.

Good luck!