Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Smoke

Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
White Smoke

Hi Team Speeders,

Whenever I start my 2010 GT3 I notice a puff of white smoke getting out from the exhaust for less than 5 seconds then it disappears. It happens for the first start of the day. I used to drive the car once a week but I've been driving it now for 3 days in a row and still I saw it today morning. The car has 3000 KM in it.

Is this normal?

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:09 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
enzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enoughenzo_df will become famous soon enough
I have a 997.1 turbo and the same thing happens after a spririted drive without a proper cool down "lap". Best,

Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
well, I always keep the car idle for at least 2 minutes before switching it off. And when am nearby home, the RPM doesn't exceed 3k.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
It's normal.

On a flat engine, since the cylinders are sitting horizontally, the oil doesn't drain down into the bottom of the engine when you shut it down. So, when you fire it up, the piston/pistons on their exhaust stroke will push a little bit out of the exhaust.

Nothing to be worried about.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ Agreed. It's normal as you described.

Ranger

Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant futureSL55K has a brilliant future
Yup i have noticed it too in my friends '10 GT3 when ever he starts the engine .. he told me that it was normal

Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of(QTR)GT3 has much to be proud of
Nothing to worry about, totally normal

Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks guys

Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Now bring those RPMs past 3k.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura about
Normal. Cool down minutes don't seem to have any correlation to how much smoke you get the next time you start it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: White Smoke