Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GT3 Front Lift Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 02:56 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
My 996 GT2 did not have the lift mechanism.

I just kept a supply of lower lip spoiler, problem solved.

Old 04-07-2011 | 02:58 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Green
I have a lift and use it daily, wouldn't order the car without it.
Can it clear steep grades like say the garage is 5ft above the street?

AFAIK the problem with scraping the lower lip spoiler is because the 911 body has long nose.

Old 04-07-2011 | 05:15 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The option is worth every penny and would never order another car without it... I know that the splitter is cheap but don't like the look of it scrapped... besides my house is built higher than the neighborhood street so without this option I would be changing the splitter every month.

Old 12-10-2013 | 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the rough
Same Issue on "new" 2010 GT3

Guys,

Was anyone able to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Old 12-10-2013 | 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Dealer fixed mine under warranty

Often would not light up the dash "Lift" message or drop front-end down when button pressed. (It would still drop when I reached 35-40 mph.) I think the dealer replaced the whole mechanism.

No problems since.

I think this is a common problem w/ the 2010 GT3.

(BTW: I find the feature absolutely necessary as I wouldn't be able to get in or out of my driveway without tearing off the front spoiler.)

Old 12-10-2013 | 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Dmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the roughDmv997 is a jewel in the rough
I think that is what may end up happening. They are first ordering some pressure switch. When that fails, I'll insist they replace...
Thanks

Old 12-11-2013 | 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Member
nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!nizer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
3.5yrs with RS without the lift and haven't scraped chin spoiler once. It's not a must-have as some contend. It does depend on where you live.

Also it should be noted that the brake ducts scrape at speed. The lift won't help with that as it drops at speed.

Old 12-14-2013 | 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Fixed!

Guys,
happy to report that my dealership figured it out.
Just to review: Lift would not display on the cluster,
and the lift would not lower when the button was pushed,
but would lower at 30 mph...
It was the "pressure sensor switch" that told the system
that it was in the up position. It took them a while to
figure it out. Porsche USA had very little or no info and
the part did not even have a part number. They figured it out
somehow by talking to Germany I believe, installed the new
switch, and it's not operating perfectly!

Old 01-15-2014 | 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
stpatsday is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Dmv997
Guys,
happy to report that my dealership figured it out.
Just to review: Lift would not display on the cluster,
and the lift would not lower when the button was pushed,
but would lower at 30 mph...
It was the "pressure sensor switch" that told the system
that it was in the up position. It took them a while to
figure it out. Porsche USA had very little or no info and
the part did not even have a part number. They figured it out
somehow by talking to Germany I believe, installed the new
switch, and it's not operating perfectly!
My 2010 GT3 has the exact same symptoms. As a matter of fact, it is scheduled to go into dealer in two weeks. I will report back.
(Interestingly, this is the 2nd go around. They replaced the lift just 9 months ago and barely 1000 miles ago!)
It makes this weird sound like a cable being stretched or twanged when turning the wheels at low parking speed. Did yours make this noise??

Old 01-16-2014 | 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Matrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Twanging noise is normal when lifted

It is the coil springs moving about when turning. The Owner's Guide makes a point of saying "no worries" about strange suspension noises when lifted.

Let us know what part gets replaced to correct the failure to release the lift feature.

My dealer replaced what I thought was the entire mechanism about a year ago. I've had a couple of failures since then and hope it doesn't be come constant again. If it does, it would be good to know what solved your issue --especially since I am now out of warranty.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2010 GT3 Front Lift Malfunction