Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Group N carbon intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished road
GT3 Group N carbon intake

I just got a 2010 GT3 MkII with 2234kms. on it. The previous owner ordered a Group N carbon intake for the car and is offering it to me. Has anyone installed this to their car? Any performance gain with this other than the sound?

Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Gruppe M intake are very pretty. They are hand made in Japan.

Don't expect much power gain if any (maybe 3-5 HP). I don't think any aftermarket intake gives reliable HP gain, despite of various claims that include dyno sheets.

The main advantage will be aethetics and more aggressive sound.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Any pics or a web site to take a look at the intake?

Troy

Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
1. Congratulations on the GT3
2. Congratulations on being Filipino, and being from Manila
3. I read about incremental hp gains as well, but mainly it is for aesthetics, so I would suggest getting it if the looks are worth the cost.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished roadGT3MNL is on a distinguished road
It costs 2700.00USD. landed here in Manila. I will borrow it and post some pictures of it. Hopefully your feedback will help me to decide if it is worth its price. I don't feel comfortable changing/tuning something that ain't broken/inferior. But if its worth the difference in sound and performance then I'll probably get it.

I'm already in love with how the GT3 currently sounds.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Hi RJ. Are you Pinoy too? I saw the pictures of your GT3 RS with red leather stitching. Awesome stable of cars! I noticed the picture of your Dad and my first impression was that he must be Filipino.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:09 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the TEAM! Post some pics when you can

Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
They sounds great and the weave is top notch. If that is what you are looking for it won't disappoint. It is not meant to add significant HP.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GT3MNL
Hi RJ. Are you Pinoy too? I saw the pictures of your GT3 RS with red leather stitching. Awesome stable of cars! I noticed the picture of your Dad and my first impression was that he must be Filipino.
I indeed am, thanks for the compliment on the cars! Although the M3 and the RS are mine, and the other cars belong to my parents/2 brothers/sister. Last time I went to the Philippines was in 2007; good news is I will be back (in manila, and eventually El Nido island) in april for my sister's wedding.

Good luck with your car, and like DJ said, we'd love to see some pics of the gt3! Salamat

Old 08-19-2010, 12:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
here is what the intake looks like.
https://www.gruppem.co.jp/onlinestor...roducts_id=302

This should sell for $1300-1500 USD used, 2700 is more than msrp on the website.

Quick Reply: GT3 Group N carbon intake