Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with cf trim on 996GT2

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Need help with cf trim on 996GT2

Just picked up one of my dream Porsche cars...... apparently, I also inherited a common problem with the cf interior warping. I need to order the cf trim on the defroster under the window. I've seen the whole defroster vent in cf but I have not been able to find a trim piece for the vent. Another question is whether the warped piece of cf trim on the defroster be reheated or repaired back into shape. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
pinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to allpinoyamg is a name known to all
Checked out web site but unfortunately did not fond the piece. The do sell the whole vent on cf but not the trim. I may just have to call and see of the could help.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Ray
Teamspeed Member
Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
We offer CF interior parts as well. Please check out website for details

ROTtec Carbon Inc.

Regarding with OEM defroster trims. Thats the common problem with 996. You can try to glue the CF strips back, but eventually it will be peeling again. Same case will happen even replace with OEM trims due to the design. Alots of heat and UV get to that area. The CF strip will not hold forever. We have replacement CF defroster which cover whole piece in CF. That will eliminate the peeling issue and we add UV production resin to protect them from yellowing. Let me know we if can help!

Old 08-15-2010, 04:49 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great Ray!