Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teamspeed Exclusive live & up close - 918 Spyder shots from Monterey 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Those latest pics

I've never used that smiley before. Ever. I could stare at that car all night long. And I agree with Fly, that color is it.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
6MT please

Old 08-16-2010, 12:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by burnzie
Do you have high-res of this shot? I love it!
Yep, PM your email addy and I'll send it to you

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
nice thanks for the pics.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
What do you guys think of my production version? I don't think it's thread worthy.

I smoothed out the rough sections on the 918 Spyder's design, gave it practical bumper lines, smaller wheels, real mirrors, and much more. What do you guys think? I think it makes the car feel a bit realer.

Old 08-16-2010, 07:39 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Adore the 918 from this angle

Old 08-16-2010, 07:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Does anyone know what color the 918 concept is?

Old 08-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Not too sure about what it look like in person I think cars are designed from clay at the later stages so that in person it fits the perfect look. Smaller wheels look better tho IMO but I like the camera rear view for some reason it looks kinda bulky with them there. Also I like the smoothness in the front the gt3 style vents make it look too busy for me. The front bumper looks good but again in person who knows. I think you have too much an infatuation with the carrera GT.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ferrari FL
Does anyone know what color the 918 concept is?
I'm gonna go with GT Silver Metallic.

Originally Posted by flyonthewall
Not too sure about what it look like in person I think cars are designed from clay at the later stages so that in person it fits the perfect look. Smaller wheels look better tho IMO but I like the camera rear view for some reason it looks kinda bulky with them there. Also I like the smoothness in the front the gt3 style vents make it look too busy for me. The front bumper looks good but again in person who knows. I think you have too much an infatuation with the carrera GT.
I think the renders Porsche gave us exaggerate the proportions too much, so almost anything based off of them will look odd. It's just a speculative render though. I have almost absolutely know knowledge on how the production 918 Spyder will look. Time will tell. Remember, the real Carrera GT was unveiled a year and a half later. The CGT Concept looked un-proportional, and un-realistic, but had a beautiful shape. The production version was a refined much better looking version of it. I'm gonna guess it'll be the same story with the 918 Spyder. I have a feeling the car will have a longer wheel base once it's unveiled. The car looks so much better in real pictures instead of the renders Porsche provided us.

Honestly though, I'd still take a Carrera GT over this, just because of the fact it's not as complicated.

I really hope the Carrera GT is brought back one day, the way it should be.

Last edited by Carrera; 08-16-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by DJ
Adore the 918 from this angle

When I viewed the car at Monterey last Tuesday I was told by the Porsche rep that it was GT Silver. The 918 was inside the hanger at the airport under different lighting than your photo which might look darker due to cloudy weather.

Quick Reply: Teamspeed Exclusive live & up close - 918 Spyder shots from Monterey 2010!