Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

918 at Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris G
I love it.

I wonder where specifically in FL this car will be displayed? I'd love to attend under media. It would definitely be worth my time.
The rep didn't mention where it is going to be showed in FL. No matter where, its an invite only event, especially for the media. So pull some strings now!

Old 08-11-2010, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I love the clean lines look of this car really captures the old school look mixed with the new school very well! The Rear looks like the evolution of the CGT, the side exhaust is nice candy as well. The wheels are interesting and I guess captures the Hybrid nature as well look very functional. The rear tailights should be clustered lights IMO but eh thats just a passing thought....The interior looks like a surgeons table full of tools, very purposeful in itself giving character. Hmm I say they put base 600HP plus the hybrid tech just to blow its competition out the water...charge more even if they sell less this will be a gut wrenching supercar.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond reputeJCay has a reputation beyond repute
600+ out of 3.4L must mean that it is not an NA engine. I am sure that whatever system of charging air into this car, its going to be amazing (and hopefully reliable with no lag).

I'd definitely buy this over a CGT (if i somehow magically won the lottery).

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
600+ out of 3.4L must mean that it is not an NA engine. I am sure that whatever system of charging air into this car, its going to be amazing (and hopefully reliable with no lag).

They are increasing the size of the motor for more HP, the car will remain as a NA motor.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Amazing thread! I'll try to get it updated into the WCF article!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11008112...-720-ring-time

I want one! I don't like the camera mirrors though. My only complaint. Did you get any info as to what it might look like?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:13 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay

It's the 3.6l engine based off the RS Spyder, producing 500 hp. The electric motors provide 220 hp. The pop up air intakes are to assist in cooling the batteries.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
Amazing thread! I'll try to get it updated into the WCF article!

Porsche 918 Spyder concept acheives 7:20 Ring time?

I want one! I don't like the camera mirrors though. My only complaint. Did you get any info as to what it might look like?
Info as to what it might look like? what are you referring to?

Old 08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
It's the 3.6l engine based off the RS Spyder, producing 500 hp. The electric motors provide 220 hp. The pop up air intakes are to assist in cooling the batteries.
The pop up air intakes are also used as a ram air intake for the motor, for when it goes into sport mode or needs full power.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sean73T
Info as to what it might look like? what are you referring to?
What the production version might look like. Autocar said it would look very different. I want to know what PORSCHE is saying.

rep too

Old 08-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
What the production version might look like. Autocar said it would look very different. I want to know what PORSCHE is saying.

rep too
Well, No one knows right now. Use the CGT as an example, It looks similar to the show car, yet the changes from prototype to production were for the better.

That's pretty much what the Porsche rep said. They are trying to make as few changes as possible.

Quick Reply: 918 at Monterey