Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any CGT Rear Main seal issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Any CGT Rear Main seal issues?

Has anyone had a RMS replaced on their CGT? I just had an oil change done on my CGT and got the bad news that I have a RMS leak. The good news is Porsche is covering the leak under warrantee even thought the warrantee expired in April. Just trying to see if this is a common occurrence. I hear it is a big job.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond reputeJetpilot718 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry, but I couldn't focus on anything but that list of cars in your sig. Tell me you currently own all of those! I'm prepared to be very, very impressed (and jealous!).

Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
AsaSpadeSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you noticed any leaks before the oil change? I havent heard of this issue, btw that is quite a collection you have.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, i havent heard that issue on a cgt...but Im glad porsche is actually taking care of the issue outside the standard dealer contracts lol.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
None here @ 14,008 miles. Glad Porsche is stepping up for you.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure Mark, Jas, or Kuzi will know.

If not, I recall someone else having a serious problem with their CGT and a leak [he was from Canada].

Glad to hear that Porsche is covering this.

Any idea how long your CGT will be out of commission for on this job?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
The job should only take 1 week. Its about a 30-40 hour hands on job when taking your time for the sake of perfection. I made a very strong case for Joe when I contacted Porsche. I the past Porsche seems to go the extra step to make the consumer happy.
Im glad it worked out in Joe's favor.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by erazer72
The job should only take 1 week. Its about a 30-40 hour hands on job when taking your time for the sake of perfection. I made a very strong case for Joe when I contacted Porsche. I the past Porsche seems to go the extra step to make the consumer happy.
Im glad it worked out in Joe's favor.
Ethan was a big factor in getting the work covered under warrantee... I have never experienced a service advisor like him, he always goes way above and beyond... Thanks again Ethan!!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Jetpilot718
Sorry, but I couldn't focus on anything but that list of cars in your sig. Tell me you currently own all of those! I'm prepared to be very, very impressed (and jealous!).
Yes they are all mine.... lovin every minute !!

Old 08-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by AsaSpadeSS
Have you noticed any leaks before the oil change? I havent heard of this issue, btw that is quite a collection you have.
No I saw no leaks, but those trays under the car can hold a lot of fluid. I was there for the entire oil change and when they took off the carbon fiber under trays it was clear there was a leak... I was very bummed out!!

Quick Reply: Any CGT Rear Main seal issues?