Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So who is going to the Monterey 918 preview?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
So who is going to the Monterey 918 preview?

Anyone here?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:19 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
I know gah993 is. I might go.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
terrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond reputeterrence has a reputation beyond repute
I thought about it and decided not to. I really am not that interested in a $500,000 plus electric car. At $200,000 to $300,000, there are so many interesting choices: 458, SLS, etc. And at $400,000 plus, there is the GTO. I hope Porsche will be smart this time and get some solid commitments before making this car. They didn't do too well with the CGT last time and most of them had to be discounted 10% or so.

Old 07-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
triptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to alltriptoo is a name known to all
I really want to go but have not been invited. I will likely be in carmel/pebble for the concours. Anyone know how to get an invite short of committing to buy one?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
My old man is going down there with Ricky.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I would if I could

Old 07-22-2010, 07:20 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by terrence
I thought about it and decided not to. I really am not that interested in a $500,000 plus electric car. At $200,000 to $300,000, there are so many interesting choices: 458, SLS, etc. And at $400,000 plus, there is the GTO. I hope Porsche will be smart this time and get some solid commitments before making this car. They didn't do too well with the CGT last time and most of them had to be discounted 10% or so.
Give it awhile and there will be quite a few 458s, just like how there are so many 430's. Yes the SLS is interesting, yet both of these cars are not on the level that the 918 is on. Considering how well the GT3 hybrid cup car did I'm sure the 918 will be great. Yes the cup car didn't finish the 24 hour race, but remember that it is a race car where everything is being pushed to the limit. The 918 will be dialed back, and now the Porsche has experience with the hybrids somewhat I'm sure it will be great. And from what I have heard, Porsche will be building less 918's than the CGT, which should keep them fom being discounted.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by sean73T
Yes the cup car didn't finish the 24 hour race, but remember that it is a race car where everything is being pushed to the limit. The 918 will be dialed back, and now the porsche has experience with the hybrids somewhat I'm sure it will be great.
It was the flat 6 that blew on the GT3 R Hybrid in the N24 race - nothing to do with the electric bits which performed flawlessly

Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Was not aware of That. Thanks for the clarification.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
excited for pics of this event

Quick Reply: So who is going to the Monterey 918 preview?