Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged Alloys USA Tech1-110 *Centerlocks*

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010 | 11:09 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Well they look nice in the box, but let's see them on the CAR! Looking forward to pics.

How much do the stock wheels weigh?
Thanks to all for the kind comments. These are a "anti-bling" style and spec of wheel so not everyone's cup of tea I know. Ultimate performance freaks like me likely have their triggers pulled by them.

I don't know the exact weight of the .2 RS wheels, hopefully someone that does will kindly pipe up and post it.

Trust me when I tell you nobody wants to see the wheels on the car more than I do, but the matter of repairing it has really dragged on If all goes smoothly, another 3-4 weeks and Track Rat will be sniffing around again.

Driving Spyder with the new wheels (these but 5-lug) was great, much sharper braking/steering feel and response. I am sure it will be the same for the RS.

Forged Alloys USA and Mike Burroughs have a real performance tour de force with this one.

Old 07-21-2010 | 12:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Wheels look fantastic. pretty light too!

Old 07-22-2010 | 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished road
Cars look great!

Old 07-22-2010 | 05:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous!

These bad boys need to be mounted on the 2011 white GT3RS Stoppie posted.

Old 07-22-2010 | 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Glock Guru You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Looks good.

Old 07-22-2010 | 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Pete and all the fans,
Thanks for the kind words! Our engineering team really did their best on the RS Centerlocks!
The wheels are TUV conforming and ready for some serious track time!
Can't wait to see them on the car, but not as much as Pete!

We make the Centerlocks in 18, 19 and 20 inch. There are 3 styles available and a nice assortment of widths for you hardcore track junkies.

PM me for orders or more info.

Old 07-22-2010 | 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Forgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond reputeForgedwheeler has a reputation beyond repute
FYI:

The OE Porsche GT3 RS wheels weigh 24.4 lbs in front and 29.8 lbs out back.
So you dropped over 25 lbs of unsprung weight with the Tech1s.

For the record, the OE wheels are first class. They are very round and very tough. Just a little on the p-p-porky side.

Old 07-23-2010 | 11:48 AM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Forgedwheeler
FYI:

The OE Porsche GT3 RS wheels weigh 24.4 lbs in front and 29.8 lbs out back.
So you dropped over 25 lbs of unsprung weight with the Tech1s.
Dang, 25lbs! That weight loss will be felt. Super stoked to get these bad boys mounted up and on the road. The quality on them looks to be superb. The tech commented when mounting tires on the Spyder's Forged Alloys how little weight they needed to get balanced. Another indication of quality.

Old 07-23-2010 | 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Great wheels! Weight and looks are very nice.

The only thing I don't like are the little grooves near the center. Not because of the look, but gawd, I hate cleaning tight corners. Are those milled or forged in?

Last edited by GoFastKindaGuy; 07-23-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-23-2010 | 03:18 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
Great wheels! Weight and looks are very nice.

The only thing I don't like are the little grooves near the center. Not because of the look, but gawd, I hate cleaning tight corners. Are those milled or forged in?
Thanks! Concern understood.

Those "cut-outs" are part of the special race-lightening feature I requested from the manufacturer. Material removed = lighter wheels (obviously). I would think milled in, but Mike will verify. You certainly do NOT have to take that option.

I am all about performance overkill, but most folks could care less about a lb per wheel which I recall the option results in.

Quick Reply: Forged Alloys USA Tech1-110 *Centerlocks*