Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT - clutch manipulation - how do YOU do it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
cmcjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Steve Kojasevic
JAMIE
How Intrusive Is The Traction Control On The Car ?
I really think the traction control does nothing at all. I tried it off (despite being told not to ever ever ever touch it) and I see no difference at all. I always leave it on and feel no intervention. I can bring the rear around and break tires for ever. And as far as teh clutch it takes getting used to not applying the throttle. Even up hills the auto throttle works great.

I love the way the car sounds accelerating from a stop though so sometimes I do get on the gas early.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Jamie
Have You Ever Had The Car Weighed ?
Nope.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
IS THE CAR REALLY THAT FOOT LOOSE ?
I CANT UNDERSTAND HOW IT COULD GO SIDEWAYS SO EASY

MY CAR HAS 600+ LB OF TORQUE AT LOW RPM, AND IT ONLY GETS LOOSE IF IM ATLEAST HALF WAY INTO THE THROTTLE..

THE GT ISNT A TORQUE MONSTER, AND ITS A HIGH REVVER...

THE MORE AND MORE I SEE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT HOW RAW THE CAR IS, THE MORE I WANT ONE..
DAMN WHAT A CAR
AND I GIVE YOU GT OWNERS A TON OF

Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Steve the CGT is the best car out there

Old 04-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
It's magic. I did a Wayne Gretzky brick this morning which usually makes me ravenous all day. On my drive today, I felt uncomfortably full. The car is so intimidating and scarey that I lose my appetite and get butterflies whenever I drive it. It's truly nutz - like a caged animal.

I've only really hit the throttle full and wide open twice. Like getting shot out of a canon.

Words really can't describe the experience.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Steve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond reputeSteve K has a reputation beyond repute
I Promised Myself I Would Somehow Figure Out A Way To Get This Car Within 3 Years.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
I Promised Myself I Would Somehow Figure Out A Way To Get This Car Within 3 Years.
Gods willing you will get one soon

Old 04-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Foot off. About 3/4 to full engagement, on the throttle.

Don't try to feather it - the clutch isn't designed for that and you'll soon need a new one.
That's what I do with my clutch setup as well!

Jamie we need to trade for a week, you need to feel a modded GT2 as well, both are probably up there with the scare to fun factor, but with the throttle response instantly of the CGT I can imagine it's even more so! I want to experience one dammit

Old 04-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
That's what I do with my clutch setup as well!

Jamie we need to trade for a week, you need to feel a modded GT2 as well, both are probably up there with the scare to fun factor, but with the throttle response instantly of the CGT I can imagine it's even more so! I want to experience one dammit
There's nothing like it!

Old 04-06-2008, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
It does take a bit of getting used to.....so un-intuitive to let the clutch out almost completely before feeding in the throttle.......but once underway, it becomes second nature. I find though that if I don't drive it for a while and drive a different manual transmission, I have to start all over as far as the clutch/throttle engagement.

Like Jamie said, its like getting fired out of a canon. What makes the CGT so fabulous is the fact that you need to have all your senses functioning 100% to drive it......and drive it fast. You better bring your "A" game.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT - clutch manipulation - how do YOU do it?