Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 918 Spyder reportedly to fetch half a million euros apiece

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by j09333
They asked to fill out the personal information form for potential buyers a few weeks ago. Now that they have a price, wonder when they will ask deposit. I rather want this car earlier than 2013.

By then, Zonda, Mclaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini will all have their hyper cars ready. Since they will all cost more than 1 mil, I am confident that 918, if produced during this launch period, will be the best bang for the buck like CGT did when compared with Enzo and Zonda and SLR.

And this time with more approachable PDK and 4 wheel drive, 918 can be most usuable and desirable at the same level as a hyper car.
Do you think there's any chance Porsche will offer RWD and a manual? I think not, but that would definetly be cool. I heard that Porsche will make the 918 almost completely different in design while keeping just the general shape an concept.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
SuperSix is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Wait, are they really keeping the hybrid system on board? Porsche's halo supercar will be powered by a 500hp V8, goes 0-60 in 3.2s, and can't even do 200mph? 120hp less than the GT2 RS, 10mph less in top speed...

It has the same performance as the Ferrari 458 Italia, but costs nearly 3 times as much. Please let this be a joke or misinformation.
I think that isnt the full story. It is suppose to be 700 hp. Rear wheel drive 500 hp V8 and front wheel electric motors good for around 200hp. But maybe they changed it.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I bet the $630k is a nice starting point. ADD ADD ADD puts it towards the $850k I have heard. Plus tax and license makes it almost 7 figures. Too much. Too many Awesome choices out there for that dough. 3-5 Super Cool cars all day over that.

Car is beautiful. Car looks to have great specs. I hope they build it for sure. The 2 unveilings they have planned for August make it really look possible for sure.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
500bhp is the stat i dont understand, the rest is great!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:34 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
The more I see about this car, the more skeptical I become about it. This car is going to have to do dome incredible things to surpass a CGT. CGT = perfection.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
i need to see it in Fayence Yellow with black rims yellow calipers

Old 07-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished roadEnnioVF is on a distinguished road
those wheels are insane!!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SuperSix
I think that isnt the full story. It is suppose to be 700 hp. Rear wheel drive 500 hp V8 and front wheel electric motors good for around 200hp. But maybe they changed it.
exactly

216 hp from the E-engines

so you'll have a boost function as well
and the 918 will be,according to Walter Roehrl,faster than the CGT

Old 07-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SuperSix
Originally Posted by ECB
exactly

216 hp from the E-engines

so you'll have a boost function as well
and the 918 will be,according to Walter Roehrl,faster than the CGT
Is the 216hp available full time though, or only a 3 second boost after braking? Just seems like they neutered the engine and added all the extra weight of the batteries and motors just to get the horsepower back to where it would already be with a V10 or turbo V8.

Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
Is the 216hp available full time though, or only a 3 second boost after braking? Just seems like they neutered the engine and added all the extra weight of the batteries and motors just to get the horsepower back to where it would already be with a V10 or turbo V8.
Thank you.

Also, will 6-speed be an option?

Quick Reply: Porsche 918 Spyder reportedly to fetch half a million euros apiece