Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PICTURES - GT2 RS at Goodwood!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010 | 06:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute

I keep imagining a gentlemans GT2 RS in Polar silver with the hood and side inlets painted polar silver with silver wheels.

Old 07-07-2010 | 07:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
This option is carbon fibre front wings (as we call them in the UK) the body parts which cover the front wheels. The carbon fibre ones have the extended wheel arch molded into them.
I understand the ~25 UK cars are coming with this CF front wing option included as standard..... and yes they are painted body colour unlike the bonnet/hood
That's cool. Just looked at my order. $6840 option in the US. Ouch, and I chose to pay it.

Old 07-07-2010 | 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
That's cool. Just looked at my order. $6840 option in the US. Ouch, and I chose to pay it.
I think you chose well - for an ultra rare lightweight like this one might as well go the whole hog and all factory lightweight options should be ticked

In the UK there are approx 50 orders (with $35K deposits) for 25 cars. Porsche are "choosing" who will be selected to be allowed to purchase the GT2RS. Production scheduled for September so I guess the chosen ones will know pretty soon !
I have heard that in Germany the 2RS is not in such big demand because of the very high list price leading to optioned up prices 250K+ Euros which is proving too steep for a 997....

Old 07-07-2010 | 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TB993tt
I think you chose well - for an ultra rare lightweight like this one might as well go the whole hog and all factory lightweight options should be ticked

In the UK there are approx 50 orders (with $35K deposits) for 25 cars. Porsche are "choosing" who will be selected to be allowed to purchase the GT2RS. Production scheduled for September so I guess the chosen ones will know pretty soon !
I have heard that in Germany the 2RS is not in such big demand because of the very high list price leading to optioned up prices 250K+ Euros which is proving too steep for a 997....
What is predicted production numbers, etc? I have heard we (USA) gets about 115. Not sure where that came from. I have also heard we may not see them until February. I thought sooner.

Old 07-07-2010 | 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!woppum You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What is predicted production numbers, etc? I have heard we (USA) gets about 115. Not sure where that came from. I have also heard we may not see them until February. I thought sooner.
Porsche chose who was getting a 10 3RS too. For some reason there are 10-15 on the market now though!

Old 07-07-2010 | 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by woppum
Porsche chose who was getting a 10 3RS too. For some reason there are 10-15 on the market now though!
Yes, amazing how the 10 RS supply is not so tight afterall...hmmm.

Porsche is becoming very good at managing perception. Perceived supply (rarity) is after all a primary determinant of value.

Just curious TB933tt how would you would know this statement to be a fact? "In the UK there are approx 50 orders (with $35K deposits) for 25 cars. Porsche are "choosing" who will be selected to be allowed to purchase the GT2RS."

Sounds like dealer spew to me...or maybe it is true but the skeptic in me calls BS. What is the criteria for "choosing" a buyer?

(PS My dealer is non-spewing )

Old 07-07-2010 | 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by savyboy

Just curious TB933tt how would you would know this statement to be a fact? "In the UK there are approx 50 orders (with $35K deposits) for 25 cars. Porsche are "choosing" who will be selected to be allowed to purchase the GT2RS."

Sounds like dealer spew to me...or maybe it is true but the skeptic in me calls BS. What is the criteria for "choosing" a buyer?

(PS My dealer is non-spewing )
The "50 orders" and "25 cars" may be dealer spew, initially they said 15 cars so that bit is obviously fluid....
The "choosing a buyer" bit is correct I believe, Porsche have always done this in the UK for the very special models. I had to give details of all previous Porsche purchases and await with baited breath !

The same "choosing" criteria was in place for the 997GT2 and I "missed" the 2008 model run (obviously deemed not worthy since I had never bought into the water cooled stuff until then) but then they decided to make a few more (onset of zero vehicle sales courtesy of the credit crunch certainly helped push them along) and I was one of the chosen 32 who got the 2009 models

Old 07-07-2010 | 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
They approve a buyer. Basically. They have a computer database and can tell you when you bought a car and what it was. And they lump it with your wife if she has one. I have been told every car I owned by them and I just laughed that they knew it. In fact, Porsche said I was approved based on that and another guy would be out. Quite an interesting unwritten policy.

Old 07-07-2010 | 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Basically. They have a computer database and can tell you when you bought a car and what it was. .
Problem for me is I bought majority of my Porsches before computers were around

Old 07-07-2010 | 02:28 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
This car will be an easy spec.....everything delete except A/C, red/black with black wheels and two tone red black interior...done !

Quick Reply: PICTURES - GT2 RS at Goodwood!!!