Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My First Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeBBTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Nice Spec. The RS's look even better in person than photo's and they look great running down the road too. Wait until you see how many people chase you down on the highway to get a look. Congrats and enjoy.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AGD911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey BBTurbo,
how does the regular GT3 compares with the GT3 RS?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura aboutvsll726 has a spectacular aura about
Thx for sharing ! nice car!!

Old 06-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
enjoy in good health thats one helluva snazzy looking RS...red rims are a serious WIN!!!

Old 06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
DHI
Teamspeed Rookie
DHI is an unknown quantity at this point
A truly memorable first Porsche.
Enjoy it thoroughly.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
thats what i call a first porsche... congrats on a beautifully spec'd 3RS....

Old 06-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rjmontoya You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Update:

Guys, thanks so much again for the kind words. This forum has been keeping my interests especially during the last few months, weeks, and days of speccing, checking vessel status, etc.

After seeing it in the metal last Thursday I had a lot of trouble sleeping in anticipation of picking it up today (Monday). It finished being prepped today, and with my dad and girlfriend, I finally took delivery of the car.

1. Finally got the decals I wanted and have dreamed of for a long time.
2. Took me way too long to figure out how the front axle lift system works. For the few who don't know, when you press the button and the LED light is on, that means it is in the up position, and can be activated at standstill or any speed below 30 mph. It will automatically go back down above 30 mph. You cannot activate or deactivate it with either door open. When you press the button again to bring the axle lift down, you hear a hissing noise and can actually feel it drop down a few inches - they highly suggest you never leave it in the up position when turning the car off, because it will eventually go down on its own which may cause damage.
3. Steering really can't be described but I know many of you know what I am talking about. Feelsome, communicative, detailed, but never unsettled by bumps or imperfections in the road.
4. I seriously can't figure out how Porsche have pulled off giving the RS preternatural body and chassis control plus mechanical grip, but suspension with primary and secondary ride control that dampens any movements that might detract from steering. I don't even know if that last sentence makes sense - that's how good it is.
5. Active engine mounts were obviously working during my drive, and may be one of the really unsung features of the regular gt3 and the RS.
6. Engine power delivery and sound are un-effing-believable.
7. I had read numerous times about how loud the flywheel is while idling but didn't really believe the hype. Until today. It sounds like there is a tiny helicopter underneath you trying to cut through the underbody and zero sound deadening.
8. I was concerned with what I had been continually reading regarding ceramic brakes lacking the feel of the steel rotors. While I have not tried the new gt3 steel rotors, I will say that the pedal feel and modulation control of the PCCBs really blew me away. My brother's Stradale has Ferrari's monstrous carbon brakes, but they tend to be very snappy in day to day traffic. I got into the RS, and within seconds the clutch and brakes felt like I had been driving with them for years.
9. On the Mass Pike there were at least 8 cars giving thumbs up, taking pictures, or videos. I don't remember the last time I got that much attention driving my family's other cars, or in my life in general for that matter.
10. Could someone please tell me the part number for the white indoor gt3 cup car cover?
11. Combined with my dad, we drove about 6 hours total. After I put it in the garage I stayed with the car for another two hours, just looking at it from different angles, playing with the controls and switches, etc. Can't wait until tomorrow. Every day this week I will be driving it.
12. I have no affiliation with the dealership but I can't imagine a more pleasant purchasing experience than the one I had with Porsche Burlington. Case in point: John Cellamare, handing the car's instruction books over to me, pointed out they were still sealed in their plastic bag, and he had not folded the window sticker because he "knew how I was." Awesome.
13. I need to replenish some of my cleaning supplies and am open for suggestions on any cleaning products (liquids, towels, brushes, etc) that you guys have found successful for cleaning the RS wheels and wing, or just for maintaining a white car with decals and ventureshield applied.

Enjoy the pics update, and any more I snap I'll keep adding to this thread:

Freshly detailed, clearbra'd, and re-decal'ed:

The new owner, with his girlfriend in the passenger's seat. I couldn't get this $hit-eating grin off my face the entire time I drove, to the dismay of fellow motorists and picture snappers on the road:

My dad needs to work on his composition but you get the idea:

The happy couple (me and the RS. My girlfriend is definitely the 3rd wheel):

Getting used to the basic controls (what is this stick shaped thing in between the seats???)

GF getting used to the car:

Cell Phone pics:

My dad's turn. He said he hadn't been this excited about anything since he got his Turbo in 1976. Which doesn't say much for my birth or graduation from college. But with the RS I see his point.

Back at home in Worcester, garage time:

One more for the road:

Old 06-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Great spec!! Congrats and welcome!!

Old 06-29-2010, 05:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
niccce, spacious garage, you are missing parts of the sticker, i think it looks a lil incomplete without them

Old 06-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
Congrats on the new car and enjoy it...

Quick Reply: My First Porsche