Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT - A/C leaking water into passenger footwell

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
Carrera GT - A/C leaking water into passenger footwell

Anyone had this problem? Its going into the dealer but wanted to give them a pointer so the dealer doesnt become a stealer.

thx

Old 06-15-2010, 10:31 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
I can't recall if it was the CGT, but I do remember a drop or two in the past...may have been the F40.

Sorry I can't be of any help....how much water are we talking about Donnie ?

Jas

Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
possible clogged drain. Not a big deal if it is. I would Just take it to a dealer you trust instead of trying to give them "help"

Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
I can't recall if it was the CGT, but I do remember a drop or two in the past...may have been the F40.

Sorry I can't be of any help....how much water are we talking about Donnie ?

Jas
Or was it the F50? Or the CS perhaps? Possibly the 16M?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't noticed anything but I also haven't looked that closely in the passenger footwell. I'll be sure to check next time I see her and report back.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Donnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to beholdDonnie is a splendid one to behold
I haven't used this shop/dealer before so, no, I don't trust them yet.

Hopefully they turn out ok.

The water is a lot. Like a cm deep . Took carpet out.

Hope it's just clogged.

Will let u know

Old 06-16-2010, 04:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Donnie
I haven't used this shop/dealer before so, no, I don't trust them yet.

Hopefully they turn out ok.

The water is a lot. Like a cm deep . Took carpet out.

Hope it's just clogged.

Will let u know
Had the same on mine.

If you remove the passenger footrest panel you will see several of the a/c pipes. Mine was leaking at one of the unions that the pipe mates to a casting. I re-fitted it by clamping the sprung clip with pliers, and re-fitting the pipe, it's been fine since.

I know of another that had the same problem and was dealer fixed at minimal cost, I suspect you have the same issue by the sound of it.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Well at least you know the floor wont rust

Just sounds like a clogged evap drain.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Well at least you know the floor wont rust

thats true - the carbon interior is fcrazy