Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 RS Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Here's what I would do. Order the red interior with bi-color interior instruction, dash and door tops in black, rest in red. Then get deviated carpet in black. That way the "driving zone" is red and the upper and lower sections are black. No deviated stitching and no exterior color painted pieces inside the cockpit. All red will be too much IMHO.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
As it stands now, red is on the following:
Seat inserts
Center console lid with GT2 RS stamped
Headliner
Shifter
Steering wheel

I actually don't care for the seats and the headliner. Everything else might be ok.

Basalt is not a color option. Paint to sample wasn't an option. I also ordered carbon front fenders. We are yet to determine whether they are painted red, or they are carbon finish like the hood.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 AM
Teamspeed Member
Condor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enoughCondor Man will become famous soon enough
They say a picture says a thousand words;

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Ranger has a reputation beyond repute
I say if you have the werewithall to acquire one the these magnificent beast then any color is great. You can always wrap it.
God bless you sir. Without a doubt you'll own the two most ultimate Porsches in the history of time. Actually the C-GT would be #3.
All the best and can't wait to see pics.
Are you keeping the 997.1 GT2?

btw I'd even take a pink one.

Ranger

Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
GT2 goes up for sale in 1 week. Gonna play some this summer with the 3 RS. The jury is out on selling the 3 RS. Don't need 2 911's.
Was gonna get a 918, but damn sure not at $750k.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I can't help but feel like the interior you've spec'd would go great with a GT or Artic Silver exterior color. Silver or white would also compliment the carbon pieces quite well.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Can you do the red interior in Alcantara? That would look a little bit more muted and avoid clashing with the exterior.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ajs887
Can you do the red interior in Alcantara? That would look a little bit more muted and avoid clashing with the exterior.
All of the red is alcanterra.

On colors of exteriors, my buddy ordered a white, and I can't stand silver cars. Black wouldn't show off the carbon hood and mirrors as much.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Looking at the various color combos on the Int'l configurator, I think they all look good with the Red/Black interior. Especially the White or the Red exterior.

To me, it is a very special car and to go black interior is to deny its specialness. Besides, the red interior is only red accents, not all red.

But as OP's have said, I would take one in any color and be thrilled

My personal choice would be either White or Red exterior with the Red accent interior, black wheels.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Here it is, I think it will look unbelievable in person.

If you still feel ify about it, that should give you more of a reason to watch your GT2 rs get built. If you don't like it could you change your interior last second?

Quick Reply: GT2 RS Build