Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official 997 GT2 RS Press Release – Most Powerful, Street Legal Porsche Ever

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:29 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^I'm sorry Stoppie but don't you owe me something now that the car is coming to the US yes?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
3.6 liter engine? No use of the 3.8 out of the 997.2 turbo?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:37 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Holy shieyt! What's the option code for the Porsche life insurance coverage? Something tells me that spouses all over the world would have their hubby's add that if it existed.

And as I am glancing down to the Currently Active Users, I see there are 102(!) guests viewing this thread, so I just want to make clear to everyone that "hubby's adding the insurance policy" thing was just a figure of speech - I am not sexist and realize women can buy this car too. Oh, um, and if any of those women who are in the market for a GT2 RS have a thing for blonde Swedish guys, I am available over PM. Please mark the current date and time in the subject line so I can sort the flood of incoming messages, thanks. Also, attach a picture if possible.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Dodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to beholdDodo is a splendid one to behold
What a big raise of the bar if those figures are true. They must really be pi$$ed with the GTR based criticism. LOL! 500 units may be hard to shift though.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
switchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to beholdswitchcars is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
I'm sure my phone will ring before the day is out and I will officially be in Porsche trouble. And I have been there once before.
Haha, join the club.

Thanks for posting....can't wait for this car. When I drove the GT2 I said it needed to be lighter and more raw....I'd rather drive an RS anyday. Porsche just fixed that problem.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
Joe, your a sick sick man. I knew you would do it. First deposit at our store for the 997.2 GT-2 RS. I hope you are added triple stack lifts and under ground storage during the renovations at your house.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
this thing is a beast! can't wait to see more pics

Old 05-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
3.6 liter engine? No use of the 3.8 out of the 997.2 turbo?
Stoppie and I were just talking- very interesting to use the 3.6 config and not the current naturally aspirated 3.8 Metzger engine from current RS. The current turbo is the DFI engine and is already known to not be strong enough to support much more HP than it already has.

My guess is the NA 3.8 (from the RS) cylinder wall thickness is not enough to support the boost this thing has to run to obtain the 620HP. Hence- reducing bore size to increase cylinder wall thickness and they can use all the existing castings and not need to reinvent the wheel ($).

What a beast.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
100% Correct!

Originally Posted by DJ
^^I'm sorry Stoppie but don't you owe me something now that the car is coming to the US yes?
You're absolutley Right!

You PM me your office and what you want delivered and LUNCH is on me.

A promise is a promise!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
WOW......that's an evil machine

Quick Reply: Official 997 GT2 RS Press Release – Most Powerful, Street Legal Porsche Ever