Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Amazing! This thing is soooo mean!!! I wonder if PDK will be available or not?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
Anyone want to suggest a color I should order?
Black with gold or bronze wheels/decals on a black or natural brown interior. Or if you're feeling ballsy, silver with white wheels/decals on red interior.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
If it does 7:22 on the ring (which I believe Porsche is jacking with us and it beats that), the 918 will have a number that is close to breaking 7.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
roccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond reputeroccoman has a reputation beyond repute
It's happening brotha. I have it on good authority. Most of us dealers will not get one though. Plan on less than 100 coming over.

UBER exclusive for sure. I personally cannot wait. -- fingers crossed we get one. (runs to phone to start building 911 fair share #'s.)

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
We STILL have to wait for the offical release to the NA market tho!

If that happens, lunch is on me! (DJ only!!!)

Old 05-03-2010, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
If any of you have ever driven a MkI 997 GT2, you know how bad ass and in your face that car can be.

This new RS is just legalized insanity.

Seriously. Purchase at your own risk

Old 05-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
I'VE SEEN IT.

ok, so not in person, but have just seen detailed photos of the Leipzig car, taken during the launch. unfortunately, i cannot post them out of respect to my source.

i WILL say that i'm not a huge fan of the particular spec (aesthetically speaking), as it looks a bit "ricey".

here's what it looks like (just so you know i'm not making this up, when the pictures ARE finally posted here by somebody else)

- car is silver with the hood in naked carbon fiber
- lower splitter also in carbon. the "vortex generators" (to borrow Mitsubishi's term for those "teeth" like looking protrusions) are more clearly seen than in the early spy shots. the horizontal slats along the air intakes are in naked carbon also.
- lower part of the rear bumper is in black, as are the side mirrors
- the interior trim is kinda ugly on the launch car. all black alcantara, with CGT seats... but the shift knob, door handles, door armrests, handbrake handle, center console compartment cover, and much of the steering wheel are covered in RED alcantara. a bit too tuner-ish to me, but i'm sure you can spec yours as you like
- there's a small "GT2RS" script just behind the front wheel well, along the lower sill. not shouting like the GT3RS side decals or other typical Porsche side decal treatment
- wheels are in gold with black centerlocks

way to go Porsche... great send-off to the Metzger engine! and its good to see them breaking their "incremental HP improvement" mantra of the last decade!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I can't wait to see more pictures. Bummer you couldn't post them.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
great info, hesperus!!!

Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, I thought I'd like it but if those rumours turn out to be true and it does come with gold wheels, red alcantara trim pieces and a CF hood then that'd be way over the top for my tastes.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by atomic80
Ok, I thought I'd like it but if those rumours turn out to be true and it does come with gold wheels, red alcantara trim pieces and a CF hood then that'd be way over the top for my tastes.
when i saw the pics, i thought to myself "oh, it IS real after all. and... i love the spec... but that "look" does NOTHING for me, especially compared to a grey GT3RS with red wheels".

of course, there's nothing stopping you from speccing out your GT2RS exactly as you like.

i think the exposed carbon pieces (which IMO is a "tired" look and one too aped by everyone and their brother-- no offense to those who like that look,) was done on the launch car precisely to advertise the extensive use of carbon anyway.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig