Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carreragt558
We all know that the word limited edition is used in quite a relative fashion by automakers.

996 GT3 Rs. Officially a 200 limited edition. The real number was almost 4 times than the one announced.
Ferrari F50, Enzo,....

Limited edition is a myth to artificially inflate price.

As long as buyers are lined up, limited editions do not make any economical sense from the car makers perspective.
True. It is a business. I don't think anyone is trying to hide that fact. Maybe a shady salesman here or there. But certainly not the automaker.

The Carrera GT was a limited edition car. Values dipped down and now look at them. You can barely find any to buy let alone one that is priced less then 300k.

We'll see what happens but I suspect that partially b/c of the way the economy is now, and partially due to what it 'is'; it will be a more limited availability compared to the mkI 997 GT2.

Old 05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carreragt558
996 GT3 Rs. Officially a 200 limited edition. The real number was almost 4 times than the one announced.
Ferrari F50, Enzo,....
Don't you mean Ferrari F40, not Enzo.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
if the 996gt2 was a widowmaker.....What's 620hp snap neck turbo's kicking in Going to be called

.....my 2 cents

Old 05-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
if the 996gt2 was a widowmaker.....What's 620hp snap neck turbo's kicking in Going to be called

.....my 2 cents
The widowmakerer

Old 05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
I don't think it will be a future legend. It's not unique enough. It looks just like the 997.1 GT2 and some pieces of CF here and there don't really make much difference. Sure it's a beast but imo it takes more than that, Porsche is basically spitting out these kind of special race versions of the 997.
Roadgoing legends from Porsche imo are 2.7 RS, 959, GT1 and CGT. The next one will be the 918 Spyder.
what he said ^^^^^

Porsche has 10-15 variants of every year 911 and will everyyear for the next 20 years. Nothing against the car it just will always be trumped 2 years later by something better as far as Porsche is concerned.

One of the main reasons I didn't order the .2gt3rs when asked. In 2012 there will be another gt3rs and so on and so on and so on.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
*being brutally honest rant*

I think part of the issue, as Mark points out, is that people are indeed growing a little tired of all the variants of 911. Clearly people want to buy a Porsche. But above the $200k mark is where things start getting weird. For Porsche, this will be the baddest 911 to ever touch the streets, legally. However, at the end of the day, it is another- Carrera.

I think, not confirmed...but think- that if it's above $200k, ppl want a Porsche, but not another 911. Maybe some sort of super GT Coupe, front engine, rear wheeled drive or AWD. Low production numbers, and only one variant.

That would be a swell Porsche for $200k, I think it would be very successful.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Chris the SC was $250USD only sold in Europe. Last GT2 was $205k msrp. This will without question hold a $215k plus msrp.

Old 05-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
I think all the manufacturers are doing the same thing, not just Porsche. Trying to milk the last ounce of profit out of any given platform. What I wish they would do is make it a little more "unpredictable". Currently, you can almost guess whats coming down the pike without much thought. Break it up. Surprise the hell out of us....eg. 918!

Old 05-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
^ what he said.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Kuzi
I think all the manufacturers are doing the same thing, not just Porsche. Trying to milk the last ounce of profit out of any given platform. What I wish they would do is make it a little more "unpredictable". Currently, you can almost guess whats coming down the pike without much thought. Break it up. Surprise the hell out of us....eg. 918!
I agree Kuzi. DJ posted a thread with the new Ferrari's coming out about a month ago and EVERY car on the list was just another updated car from today. Nothing special happening new these days.

It's time to find a classic now. The new is not so fun anymore.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT2 RS launched in Leipzig