Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Carrera GT Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Why aren't Mike S's pictures in here yet...

Old 05-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
H20skier, being that you have the cgt, would you totally agree with that car and driver read? Or anyone for that owns a cgt? It was a great read by the way, I think this car is truly a masterpiece. I've only seen one on the road and it was the wildest car I've ever seen.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the blast from the past gk. Utmost respect is required whilst behind the wheel of Porsches Carrera GT.........and at "all" times. As H20 would attest to.......this car is a race car that Porsche tweaked for road use. And even then, they didn't do much tweaking it would seem.

Attached Images   
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
win x 2

Old 05-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frshcoupe
H20skier, being that you have the cgt, would you totally agree with that car and driver read? Or anyone for that owns a cgt? It was a great read by the way, I think this car is truly a masterpiece. I've only seen one on the road and it was the wildest car I've ever seen.
Funny I had only read GK's title and agreed. I just read the article and the 3 pages can be summed up by this line

"The 604-hp Carrera GT is different. It's all vibrancy and immediacy"

The article is very good. If I would have remembered reading this article (I'm sure I did back in the day) prior to owning the car I would have said "WTFE" no way is a car that agile. I would have been wrong. Car and Driver did a great job explaining almost every aspect of the car. What they forgot is You can't take it on weekend long trips with your wife. There's not enough room for luggage.

The CGT does EXACTLY what you ask of it every second you are in it. The minute you stop paying attention to driving this car is the minute you make a mistake that might not be recoverable. I love the way the car feels around me when driving it. I can drive it 400 miles in a day without an issue or hop in it and get milk. The later not as fun.

It takes 30% throttle to make you smile and 50% throttle to turn it around on itself. The throttle must be feathered with consistant pressure to full or you will find yourself in trouble. It's not a floor it from light to light type of car. Never has the racing technique of no throttle when your steering wheel is turned come more into play. My cup cars you could put the pedal down to the floor at 3/4 turn and not get into trouble. You do that in a CGT and you'll be looking at your competition the wrong way.

It's possibly the most fulfilling car you can drive with looks and ability galore but will scare the $hit out of you at times to remind you of it's dominance over you.

I would say maybe 20 people in the world can drive this car to it's potential. I hope to meet one of them one day. One of my favorite videos is this one.

Tim Schrick.....He's one of the 20
YouTube - Carrera Gt

Old 05-14-2010, 09:27 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
One of my favorite car videos ever H2O! Tim Schrick has galactic BALLS!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
One of my favorite car videos ever H2O! Tim Schrick has galactic BALLS!
Gross.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:27 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Gross.
That doesn't sound quite right.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
H20 thank you for that. I can only live vicariously through you, until of course the day comes where Im lucky enough to aquire one! Love the CGT.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Tim's 'nads must spark when he walks.

Quick Reply: The Carrera GT Picture Thread!