Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Carrera GT Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
W8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant futureW8MM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DJ
Mike how much would you say it delayed the order process with paint to sample?
Well, that takes a little bit of explaining.

My car was originally going to be a late MY 2004 car. There was a long series of back-and-forths with me being upset over the ordering process that seemed littered with "catch 22's" and finally both PCNA & PAG "kissing and making up" by coughing up some not-so-easy-to-discover information and a couple of small favors.

At the beginning of CGT production, there was no paint-to-sample offered and the "feeling" was there would not ever be. Then, as sometimes develops with Porsche, European-market customers with whom I had been web-chatting reported that "special" colors and interior trim had been seen in the flesh and that the Leipzig factory manager said almost anything was possible.

This news, of course, upset me and quite a few USA customers that had reserved production slots with no possibility of getting custom colors or trim. After I wrote an irate e-mail to Peter Schwartzenbauer, things began to get more hopeful for paint-to-sample and such. PCNA then drug its feet for many months while "discussions" ensued between PCNA and the mother ship about how, exactly, this was going to happen. I've always thought that the main sticking points were probably over which side of the Atlantic was going to pay how much for what.

When the decision finally came down, paint-to-sample would be available starting with MY 2005 CGT production which would commence in January, 2005. I had been assured as early as late Summer, 2004, that my color (Signal Yellow) had been approved for compatibility with the CGT paint line and "my" car would be painted that color.

So, how much would you say it slowed down the process?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
welcome Mike ! hope things are well with you and your family.

Old 02-14-2008, 10:17 PM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by W8MM
Jas is a stalker!

Too bad I missed you at Ault Park.

Maybe we can meet up this year!

Cheers,

Mike

That would be great Mike, I'll be there !

Old 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Thats a great story Mike. I'm glad you got what you wanted finally. And I thought only Ferrari jerked their clients around!

Originally Posted by W8MM
Well, that takes a little bit of explaining.

My car was originally going to be a late MY 2004 car. There was a long series of back-and-forths with me being upset over the ordering process that seemed littered with "catch 22's" and finally both PCNA & PAG "kissing and making up" by coughing up some not-so-easy-to-discover information and a couple of small favors.

At the beginning of CGT production, there was no paint-to-sample offered and the "feeling" was there would not ever be. Then, as sometimes develops with Porsche, European-market customers with whom I had been web-chatting reported that "special" colors and interior trim had been seen in the flesh and that the Leipzig factory manager said almost anything was possible.

This news, of course, upset me and quite a few USA customers that had reserved production slots with no possibility of getting custom colors or trim. After I wrote an irate e-mail to Peter Schwartzenbauer, things began to get more hopeful for paint-to-sample and such. PCNA then drug its feet for many months while "discussions" ensued between PCNA and the mother ship about how, exactly, this was going to happen. I've always thought that the main sticking points were probably over which side of the Atlantic was going to pay how much for what.

When the decision finally came down, paint-to-sample would be available starting with MY 2005 CGT production which would commence in January, 2005. I had been assured as early as late Summer, 2004, that my color (Signal Yellow) had been approved for compatibility with the CGT paint line and "my" car would be painted that color.

So, how much would you say it slowed down the process?

Old 02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
back in black...discuss...

Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
What a day in the NW!

The one thing I can say about the CGT is that it is not a car you just get into and drive fast......... Respect is a word that comes to mind ........... "White Knuckled Respect"!

Attached Images    
Old 02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
I thought the same when I drove my car

Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
I thought the same when I drove my car
I can only describe it as a "true" drivers car. Smooth inputs are rewarded..........and I can safely say that abrupt inputs would be punished..........harshly! It is nowhere near as forgiving as the Stradale. Not even close. I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me. Sweaty palms was the norm after this first extended drive in the "Flying Mango".

Old 02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
I can only describe it as a "true" drivers car. Smooth inputs are rewarded..........and I can safely say that abrupt inputs would be punished..........harshly! It is nowhere near as forgiving as the Stradale. Not even close. I've got a steep learning curve ahead of me. Sweaty palms was the norm after this first extended drive in the "Flying Mango".
Were you calling me Doc. to pilot that CGT of yours!!

Old 02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Were you calling me Doc. to pilot that CGT of yours!!
Ahhh.......good catch Kenny. Well if you are ever in the NW........you're welcome to it. Just remember.............."SMOOOOOOTH"

Quick Reply: The Carrera GT Picture Thread!