Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Carrera GT Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Just over three years since I went to the USA with a friend and we came back having bought two CGT's.

After 13000 miles, colour change from silver to black, I'm still totally blown away every time I drive the car.

Annual service just completed along with new tyres, I've had mesh grills fitted to the front bumper to protect the radiators and fitted a very nice Ruf steering wheel.

Looking forward to next year as I've got a road trip with some friends planned down to Italy, an British friend who lives in Delaware is coming over to the 'ring with some Porsche Club Members from the USA for some laps of the 'ring (be rude not to take the GT!) and along with some other track days got a great year ahead for 2010.

Thinking perhaps we could start a new thread as a 'roll call' for all the current GT owners on Teamspeed?

And be getting more use from these:

Last edited by 993rsr; 12-13-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Fantastic John ! Now there's a CGT that has been thoroughly enjoyed and thoroughly maintained...kudos !

love the Ruf wheel...and the painted wheels...any more info on those BBS rims ? Do they require any sort of suspension/steering stop modification for fitment ? Where can you get them ?

Old 12-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute993rsr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
^^ Fantastic John ! Now there's a CGT that has been thoroughly enjoyed and thoroughly maintained...kudos !

love the Ruf wheel...and the painted wheels...any more info on those BBS rims ? Do they require any sort of suspension/steering stop modification for fitment ? Where can you get them ?
The wheels are 18" diamater and made by BBS. You need to fit 'lock stops' to reduce the steering lock slightly to prevent them rubbing. Apart from that and a slight alteration to the aluminium covers on the front suspension uprights they fit straight on.

You can purchase them directly from BBS Motorsport in Germany, I've got contacts there that can supply them.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:06 AM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 993rsr
The wheels are 18" diamater and made by BBS. You need to fit 'lock stops' to reduce the steering lock slightly to prevent them rubbing. Apart from that and a slight alteration to the aluminium covers on the front suspension uprights they fit straight on.

You can purchase them directly from BBS Motorsport in Germany, I've got contacts there that can supply them.
Do you have any pics of them on ?

I will send you an email as well...thx John

Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Member

This is the only one I've got Jas.

Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by 993rsr

This is the only one I've got Jas.
thanks, fill the wheel wells quite nicely....bet the slicks were "fun" !!!

Old 12-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really jealous of you guy's using them to their potential.. It is my dream to drive one, let alone on the track, I still have NEVER EVEN BEEN IN A CARRERA GT, and it's my dream car (well besides for the GT2 in which I am fortunate to own, my first LOL)

Enjoy them in good health guy's, I cannot imagine a Carrera GT with those slicks on the track, I know the potential of my GT2 with some Dunlop slicks or Hoosiers, it must be unreal/surreal...

Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
993rsr your Carrera GT is breathtaking. Nice to see you have kept most of it stock and the little improvements you have made to it really make it look even better.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic John, thanks for the info and the RUF steering wheel looks amazing!

Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
and one to spoil the day LOL

Quick Reply: The Carrera GT Picture Thread!