Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Carrera GT Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
26 listed here, though 3 are not CGTs and I see at least one that is duplicated. So 22 on Dupont, all look local to me after a quick glance (based on Dealership names). Plus maybe a few on eBay and others that aren't listed officially. I would guess 32-35 "for sale" in the US at most; a few more than I would have guessed.

Porsche Carrera GT for Sale - duPontREGISTRY.com

Old 01-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
What is market like? How are values holding, which seem to be good? What are the more rare colors? Just asking. I've always wanted one. The GT is king.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
^idk the answers to your questions. All I know is that the CGT is a passion piece, get the one that moves you, not the color that has the best resale. For me, GT silver metallic over ascot

Old 01-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
^idk the answers to your questions. All I know is that the CGT is a passion piece, get the one that moves you, not the color that has the best resale. For me, GT silver metallic over ascot
Ascot with the black trim on the seats and steering wheel?

That's the combo for my favorite car in the world.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Values seem stable over the last 1+ year. They were down before that. Seems they have come back up and stabilized.
2005s are obviously a little more thanks 2004s. Clutch life (miles) also determinative, as well as the OEM matching luggage. Black is the most expensive.

Ascot interior are always two-tone with black. Terracotta is always full Terra. I believe. Beachwood shifters in 2004 then optional CF in 2005?
That last part could be hot air.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I also think the CGT will keep it's value with moderate use. I don't think 918 is going to hurt much, though if I were in the market I would wait to be sure.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:33 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
Values seem stable over the last 1+ year. They were down before that. Seems they have come back up and stabilized.
2005s are obviously a little more thanks 2004s. Clutch life (miles) also determinative, as well as the OEM matching luggage. Black is the most expensive.

Ascot interior are always two-tone with black. Terracotta is always full Terra. I believe. Beachwood shifters in 2004 then optional CF in 2005?
That last part could be hot air.
The only one's I know of that had CF were Porsche Exclusive Cars and they are 2006 ROW model. The one I saw was in Silver and had the full red leather interior with the CF shift knob.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the comments All the info helps. I see tons of silver, which is my least favorite color.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mo, the link I posted above "confirms" the shifter. All 2004s show beachwood, and the 2005s have both. But I have no idea if they were changed "aftermarket." And I believe H20skier's is a 2004, but with a CF knob. So I have no idea. Small part either way.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
Mo, the link I posted above "confirms" the shifter. All 2004s show beachwood, and the 2005s have both. But I have no idea if they were changed "aftermarket." And I believe H20skier's is a 2004, but with a CF knob. So I have no idea. Small part either way.
Mark had his changed out a while back.

Quick Reply: The Carrera GT Picture Thread!