Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Member Savyboy doing it right! '10 RS in it's proper element.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
I saw him at Buttonwillow the week before!
car was barely broken in!!!! didn't know he was the TS member

props to you!!!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Jolly good!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome!

Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great shots, keep on enjoying it.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
a couple of people i spoke to said "absolutely get the cup car splitter. significantly provides front end downforce"
who knows, but i have one on my car. looks good, a bit burlier than the stock, but me likey.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
savyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond reputesavyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, thanks to all for the positive comments. The car does look happy doing what it was meant to do. A joy to drive as well. No bad habits.

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Guess I did it all wrong with keeping the revs low for the first 2,000 miles ....
I think my revs were low for the first two miles...until the engine warmed up. This would be my 7th track day and I currently have about 2200 miles on the clock.

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Pete is THE man! No doubt!
Yeah, yeah... If it weren't for you being honorable to your word and giving me the allocation (at MSRP) that I had asked you for three months earlier, there would no story here. Thumbs-up to Stoppie.

Originally Posted by adamr
awesome what car is in front of you?
I wondered if anyone would notice, he and I had a fine little chase for about 4 laps. Air cooled turbo! On slicks as I recall, and not much stock suspension wise. A very nice fellow we had a good chat in the paddock. From Washington state I think.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
You're a true American hero, Savyboy!
Haha! Been called many things, but that is a first Thank you kindly!

Originally Posted by slavik
very awesome...any feedback on the car and its characteristics?
It is ok I guess...haha! Seriously, what a great machine. Porsche hit this one out of the park, right out of the box. A tad bit of push which I have partially dialed out with increased front tire pressure. More camber didn't help and resulted in excess wear. Might tighten the drop links on rear or even tighten the rear bar one hole.

It is just a pure joy to drive fast. Progressive, forgiving, scads of torque from 2500rpm all the way to redline. The engine is incredible, just when you think you should shift, you look down and see you are 2000 rpm from redline. Amazing

Originally Posted by helothere
I saw him at Buttonwillow the week before!
car was barely broken in!!!! didn't know he was the TS member

props to you!!!!!
What can I say? I'm just a dirty track rat! I have 5 events (trying to get one more) locked in for May, Buttonwillow again with GG PCA this time, May 22-23. Come say hello if you are there?

Or if you are running with SpeedVentures again, see you at Spring Mountain May 15/16!

Originally Posted by sharky
Jolly good!
And my Sharkwerks FE mount looks and works great! Superb quality to match the quality of the car. It fits perfectly using the supplied washers to space it up a bit so as to clear the seat adjuster lever. Thanks for the fast shipping as promised too. More pics in a separate post in a few days.

Here are two Teamspeed exclusives- instructor checkout ride to go from B to C group (fast to faster) and the Ferraris were tough to get a point by from so I was riding their asses a bit, um, aggressively. Upon the end of the session, in the paddock, I was "spoken to" about my following distance... My coach was fine but the corner workers thought me to be a bit too close to the other cars.

He also enjoyed my "enthusiastic", retina-detaching braking going into a corner...lol

YouTube - Get some space.mpg
YouTube - Enjoying it.mpg

Last edited by savyboy; 04-19-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
helothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura abouthelothere has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by savyboy
What can I say? I'm just a dirty track rat! I have 5 events (trying to get one more) locked in for May, Buttonwillow again with GG PCA this time, May 22-23. Come say hello if you are there?

Or if you are running with SpeedVentures again, see you at Spring Mountain May 15/16!

I doubt I'll be back at track til June but if I do see you out there I'll come by and say hello for sure!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Do you get that alot at these types of events, dudes ( douchebags, tomato tomatoe ) not wanting to point you pass and holding you up?

Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The poor guys in the Faux-Rarris not pointing by.. too much pride.. LOL

MIke

Old 04-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Do you get that alot at these types of events, dudes ( douchebags, tomato tomatoe ) not wanting to point you pass and holding you up?
one famous quote from a guy in a mustang at one of the events download meeting after a session....
"well i gave him a point-by in a straight but he couldnt pass me"

yea point by doesn't happen sometimes and they could hold u up for laps...

Quick Reply: Member Savyboy doing it right! '10 RS in it's proper element.