Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by wyatth
Why? He is right on the money.
out of rep for 24. Glad to know I'm not the only one that feels that way, I actually got some pos feedback re: that comment
Originally Posted by GrayTT
True but think about how different the other two GTOs are from the original “base model”… I love the GTO but still a little disappointed that the difference between it and the 599 was not greater
And yes the 2RS is “just another 911 variant” but so is the 993 GT2…
I understand that and completely agree. I think the 599GTO should be differentiated more so than it is. The 288 was fairly similar on the exterior to the 308 though.

How many 911 variants were there went the 993 GT2 was produced?

It is my opinion that no "limited edition" 911 will ever be as special as a Ferrari, and that argument starst simply with production numbers. Especially now that there are so many models of the 997 (30 or so?). Porsche probably produces more 911s than Ferrari produces cars. On a very armchair note, I never see people stopping to take pictures of a 911, they don't have the presence of a 599GTO or many other Italian exotics, simply because they aren't really exotics. An astounding performer though for sure.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
599GTO fantastical and magically delicious? Yes. No doubt in my mind.

for twice the price.

TWICE the price. That's doesn't spell a 'great deal' to me.

What if the 599GTO was at the same price point of a 2RS? Wow that car would be amazing! But it's not. That unicorn doesn't exist. JUST because it's TWICE the price, does NOT guarantee 1) return on investment 2) it's that much more special and 3) it's going to blow the socks off the competition.

Sorry charlie, it's a great car; but I for double the price. uhm..

Last edited by STOPPIE; 02-14-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
When I was talking to Andreas in CA; I told him the next 911 there should be fewer variants- and they should RAISE the price of the car.

The 911, while it might seem there are 'too many models' there isn't an exotic car on the market that can deliver the same performance, the same daily driver reliability and true cost to own as the 911.

Period.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
You're crazy if you think they need to raise the price on the 911. Exotic or not, that's not going to fly. I say that because I feel that as a Porsche owner, it's exactly where it needs to be. Porsche just needs to stop making so many variants.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
You, as a owner of course want the price to say where it is. However, it's total value proposition is so much more than that. Unfortunately Porsche got caught with their pants down with economy and now, too many variants are what they are doing to round off the 997 model life.

The new one should be MUCH more focused on something special. More leather and cool bits standard. More 'real' uniqueness.

And it should cost more.

So the 911 costs 7% more over the 997 chassis. You'd STILL have to spend double for a Ferrari or Lambo; are you going to drive your Ferrari like most 911 owners drive their cars? Certainly not. Good luck with that $3500 service bill.

And it's still more unique (by ten fold) then any BMW or Merc or Audi. And thats the issue as I see it now; you're getting Ferrari level of performance for BMW price point, and drive ability. yet with BETTER reliability.

That doesn't make any sense.

More focused. More Unique. More value- and should cost more. -Really separate themselves from your the rest of the makes.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
But that's the thing, that's what attracted me the brand in the first place. The fact that it's one of the best "bang for the buck" in terms of performance vs prestige from a consumer's point of view, Chris. There's simply nothing out there that comes close to Porsche as far as getting what you pay for. I personally think that Ferrari, Lamborghinis, etc. are overpriced and they do that on purpose to keep their nameplates separate from the every person. That doesn't necessarily mean that it's 2x better. I'd go as far as thinking that it's worth almost half what they're asking for these cars. Sacrilege maybe, but that's my viewpoint.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
phunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond repute

Old 02-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
^^ yes!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by atomic80
You're crazy if you think they need to raise the price on the 911. Exotic or not, that's not going to fly. I say that because I feel that as a Porsche owner, it's exactly where it needs to be. Porsche just needs to stop making so many variants.
+1
Too much supply=lower price... Basic law of demand

Chris - I'd respond to your posts but don't want to muck up the thread more than I have already. I admire your dedication to the brand. Not everyone shares your 110% zest for Porsche. For many others, there are great options that fulfill every need and more. That makes the world go round!

Last edited by cstroked; 02-14-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quick Reply: The GT2RS/GT2 Picture Thread......Go!