Notices
GT GT2, GT3, RS, Carrera GT, 918, & Cup Cars Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks / EVOMS 1st E-85 Powered GT3!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Sharkwerks / EVOMS 1st E-85 Powered GT3!!!!

Today we found some time to do some preliminary tuning on my GT3 with the help of Todd @ EVOMS.. I installed a set of E-85 Compatible Injectors earlier in the week and got it on the dyno today.. The initial mapping on the car was done on 93 octane to get an True Baseline.. We made Baseline pulls until the AF curve was perfect.. The result was 374whp / 277tq SAE Corrected.. The weather today was HORRIBLE for dyno testing with a storm outside and WET 60% Humidity in the air.. However back to back testing will still show the overall gains.. Maybe not the Greatest PEAK #'s but the gains are clear..

We emptied the tank and and poured in the E85 Fuel.. Todd and I discussed a Guesstimate on added fuel necessary and we made some initial pulls.. The car idled great and revved clean right off the bat.. We went back and forth adjusting maps to end up with 387whp / 289tq.. A gain of +13whp on FUEL alone NO TIMING ADDED..

The Current #'s reflect a small amount of tuning and still Great Gains.. The gas map is still richer than the E85 map which means there is much more on the Table with tuning A/F and not touching timing.. There was a line of cars behind mine today to tune so i had to pull the car off.. I would have loved to continue on to get same day results but I don't think that is going to happen.. Ill keep you guys Posted as things progress..

I'd Like to say Thanks to Alex @ Sharkwerks for the Hardware Necessary to Tune the car.. Also, to Todd Z for spending the time today swapping and analyzing maps for me.. Below is the current Dyno Chart...

PART 2 UPDATE.. Results of Final Tweaking of Fuel and Timing Below.. +20whp PEAK w/ +26-30whp across the powerband..

As you can see above 44 Dyno pulls w/ Todd's Help Tweaking Maps NON STOP.. Timing proved to pickup some power across the board along with the holding the power to redline..The car is responsive as can be and drives EXACTLY like it did on 93.. SMOOTH!!! All in all I am VERY HAPPY with what was accomplished here in 2 short days of tuning.. Finding 20whp Peak and 25-30whp across the powerband in a Motor setup that is already near MAXED from the factory is NOT EASY..

This is Round #1 of Testing.. I will add to this package The EVOMS 220g Crank pulley later this week and some other goodies I am not able to discuss just yet as Todd still has some testing going on.. Again I'd like to say Thanks to Alex @ Sharkwerks for the Hardware needed to tune the GT3 and the WICKED Track Exhaust system.. Still IMO the Best Sounding GT3 Exhaust on the market..

Stay Tuned.. Thanks!

Last edited by Mike@AwdMotorsports; 03-14-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!!!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work!

Old 03-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a perfect car for MN. We've got E85 everywhere!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thanks.. E-85 would be great for Track Days.. Its more stable in the Hot Temps.. Back to back pulls are showing NO LOSS in HP which is nice..

Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
whats the octane equivalent for e85, and how different are e85 injectors? Exciting stuff Mike!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to all
Nice work Mike. Being at the shop when the car was on the dyno gave me a new respect for the patience of the Porsche Guys.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
very very cool....its amazing what E-85 can do these days...

Old 03-14-2010, 01:26 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
whats the octane equivalent for e85, and how different are e85 injectors? Exciting stuff Mike!
I believe its around 105 Octane.. However it Out Powers up to 116 Octane all day long from our testing.. I havent tried it up against anything more potent than Q16 from VP..

The injectors were machined to direct fit.. Normally spacers are needed but these were a direct drop in.. made the PITA install a little easier..

Mike

Old 03-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Former Sponsor
Thanks for the props guys.. Final results for round 1 updated..

Mike

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks / EVOMS 1st E-85 Powered GT3!!!!